586,077 active members*
3,638 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 78 of 184 2868767778798088128178
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    Defeng? Can you give us a timeline of the ongoing svm-X production : first delivery / batch number waiting / delay for a new purchase / production time capacity (alibaba delivery time is 3weeks) etc... in order to make all clear for every one . Thanks
    Hi jips,

my current conditions:

SVM-0: I can be sure Louie's will go first in a week because he doesn't need me to do electric works. Others will go one by one in 2 weeks, 3 weeks and to maybe 2 months max. Then only 2 unit SVM-0 can be avaliable within 2 months because only 2 sets castings present now (Maybe I should start to prepare more now..)

SVM-1: 4 units are finished or bare-bone machines now and castings in store. So lead time is not a problem. (I even haven't got time to introduce this new type formally here.)

SVM-2: several bare-bone machines and some castings in store now so can be finished quick.

The current problem for me is that the current works are overstocked on me--seems every machine is unique to meet different requirements. (I guess I will have a lot of prototypes after shipping out current machines)

I hope and try to solve the stocking problems before June. Then my facility will be able to run normally for new orders. I'm thinking maybe I should take "intention orders" without deposit in this period and preparing parts/castings in advance will help to get smooth next..lol

Castings are not something we can use immediately after casted. That's the most concern for a real CNC. And I will standardize most machine configuration for smooth production after current "personalized" batch production. My goal is to always have several bare-bone machines prepared in store and then can install electrics&optional parts quickly for shipping. I think this will happen the later half of this year with my facility growing bigger. For now..lead time really depends on which type machine above.

So..Any one want to place order before June..I appreciate and hope can talk to me about delivery time on a specified machine type.

BTW, we haven't do the CE certification of whole SVM machine yet. So it's a trouble to sale EU now. We will do that soon after machine standardization soon. But we always have some way to solve this..such like deliver electrics with express delivery but machine with ocean shipping..lol. for individual clients, it will work.

Thanks.
    www.skyfirecnc.com
    Email: [email protected]; Skype: skyfirecnc

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Small precise machines are used a lot in watch and jewelry making. They need not be large, but must be rigid and accurate. Those machines can cost a lot of money as well and if your little machine competes with those, it would be more than a hobby machine for sure. Similar in machine size to the one Arie made here I think. I think he makes watches with his. You won't be doing that on an X3 hobby class machine.
    Thank you Lee, Very glad to see you again. You understand my way correctly and that's what I'm trying to provide to such users. :cheers:
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    Originally Posted by inov8r View Post
    Exactly! If this machine will perform with a Minitech minimill 3 class machine, then I am definitely interested.
    Same
    Thank you guys.. comparing to Mini mill 3 size, I think SVM-1 will compete it totally
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Find a distributor who will do the sales in the EU, and let him do the CE certification on it

Hi Ian, With a lever device, I'm sure a small electric actor will do the job well. But the speed will be slower. I want the power drawbar do this exatly like the industrial pneumatic hydraulic cylinder. Let's see what it will be after I receiving it. Only hope it will be shorter and shorter

Cylinder bracket is not a concern to worry about. I have an idea now and will test soon. I agree that the holding force maybe a little too big..but not a bad thing.lol

Let's wait and see if the electric cylinder can do this right.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post
    Find a distributor who will do the sales in the EU, and let him do the CE certification on it
    lol.. Great idea! Thank you skillalot! I will try to find such a distributor willing to do this when SVM machines show attractive enough. Very appreciate.:cheers:
    www.skyfirecnc.com

You mean this type of cylinder? See them with 600kg power, should do the trick with a lever I think.
    You can use the travel switches inside it as a signal to mach3 to tell whether or not the cylinder is out.
    Attachment 276396

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post
    You mean this type of cylinder? See them with 600kg power, should do the trick with a lever I think.
    You can use the travel switches inside it as a signal to mach3 to tell whether or not the cylinder is out.
    Attachment 276396
    Yes, exactly this type cylinder. I changed it's shaft design to be more fitful to install. Then I draw a sketch sent to cylinder supplier. I learned that it contains limit switches inside as you said and it can work with MACH3 controller perfectly.
    www.skyfirecnc.com

CE marking is a bit more complex than having a reseller do it for you. You can hire a company to do the work of making sure you are in compliance with the directives that are relevant to the product you are making. Selling the machine without the electronics only eliminates the need to comply with one of the directives. For machine tools I believe this is the main directive that you have to adhere to: 2006/42/EF

If the product were to be sold on the European market, the seller would essentially be the owner of the product (CE = manufacturer stats they are in compliance). It is possible, but it would end up costing more (a lot more I would think).

In the end, the CE mark is one the manufacturer has to put on the product to show that they comply with the directives relevant to that product.

I have however seen some products with what looked like a CE marking on it, but wasn't the same. The CE mark the Chinese manufacturer used meant "Chinese Export". Clever, but also quite illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Yep Louie, I agree with your point of view somewhat......having a lot to learn doesn't equate to being totally unknowledgeable, but time will tell and I'm absorbing info like a sponge......it won't happen today etc etc.....but it's gonna happen, of that you can bet your boots on.

I prefer criticism to praise.....it's the highest form of truth you can have.....anyone can voice criticism, you only have to decide if it's valid.

BTW.......it's not a time thing with the power draw bar, QCT, ATC that I subscribe to etc......it's the time consuming frustration of removing tooling from chucks etc where you can just press a button and the tool and holder drops out thing, and also gets put back in thing, with the tools already set......that's the way I like it and I won't settle for anything less, or CNC is not for me.

Another thing, a lot of the work I anticipate doing will be in a vice, 125mm wide jaws etc, and that is centralised,......the table is 450mm long if I remember rightly, so the prospect of a bit of table sacrifice for the joy of a possible ATC is a prize to be sought after.......might not be practical, but .....whatever.

I'm into steam engines, that is steam trains, and the parts are small and in addition I have many "inventions" I want to pursue, so as I said......I looked deeply into the crystal ball and saw what I wanted to see.

I think Defeng hit the nail on the head........the SVM-0 is a sophisticated machine in all respects, well geared to the economy of the hobby cause but at the same time, with all the bells and whistles.......a thoroughbred for really serious work loads.
    Ian.
    Thanks Ian... Just remember that a machine is just that, and ia only as good as the guy feeding it the programs he prepares.

I also would like to have a proper milling spindle as well, but my budget does not allow it now, nor my current needs justify it. But it's good to know it's available when the time comes. Aluminum cutting is taking its toll on my router, and to offload these jobs to a mill would be awesome. And as I redesign and upgrade my router, the SVM-0 will be making parts for it.

That said I'm very happy so far with my electronics tests and controller. And I do have some special options on my mill that I hope sets it apart from what I can get currently. And I thank Defeng for working with me and my wishes. I suppose in that regard all our machines are prototypes and it's cool in a way to be a part of the process.

Again, any criticism I had is not done out of malice, though I have to admit it's too easy to rib you. The point is, you may have to shake off some of your preconceived notions to really take advantage and leverage the machine you ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blight View Post
    CE marking is a bit more complex than having a reseller do it for you. You can hire a company to do the work of making sure you are in compliance with the directives that are relevant to the product you are making. Selling the machine without the electronics only eliminates the need to comply with one of the directives. For machine tools I believe this is the main directive that you have to adhere to: 2006/42/EF

If the product were to be sold on the European market, the seller would essentially be the owner of the product (CE = manufacturer stats they are in compliance). It is possible, but it would end up costing more (a lot more I would think).

In the end, the CE mark is one the manufacturer has to put on the product to show that they comply with the directives relevant to that product.

I have however seen some products with what looked like a CE marking on it, but wasn't the same. The CE mark the Chinese manufacturer used meant "Chinese Export". Clever, but also quite illegal.
    Maybe it meant Caveat Emptor!

Quote Originally Posted by inov8r View Post
    Exactly! If this machine will perform with a Minitech minimill 3 class machine, then I am definitely interested.
    I think with the right "upgrades" it can be on par... And you won't have to sell a kidney either!

CE= Conformite Europeaine

French for European conformity.

For the Chinese, it means for China Export.

CE certification is not that easy. Same with CSA and UL rated. Without these certifications the machine shouldn't be used in an industrial environment , while the owner, expecting it be insured for personal injury or material loss.
    Not only that, your energy company can refuse servicing your shop without these little stickers.

Thankfully, most electronic hardware already carry their own certifications. Yes even the China hardware has some form of ticket on it.

Now how pedantic can you get.......the Europeans are really tying the bag of tricks in a knot......it must be very comforting to live in a synthetic world where everything is Kosher and nothing smells bad......LOL.......some people tend to nit pick when they attain the status of governing bodies with tiny minds, where it gets them Heaven alone knows.

Louie, at least with the design of the basic SVM-0 standardising with the split head and an 80mm bore for spindle mounting, you can pick and choose if/when you want to upgrade a spindle or two.

The clock is ticking with the delivery schedules at the starting gate.......it's been worth the waiting.

BTW, I also have reservations on the brute force aspect of draw bar pull.....this was mentioned before, but with further thoughts, a system that relies on a toggle lock action to keep the draw bar pulled up tight and not with Bellville washers would seem to be much better mechanically.

Bellville washers, although simple in their application, need to have a complicated release mechanism and need to be compressed even tighter to release the tool, whereas a toggle clamp action only needs to pull the draw bar up and hold it there, no springs involved...... just an idea I'm working on.
    Ian.

Hi, I just watched a video tutorial for G code on UTUBE.....all is now clear as to what the procedure is and the sequence it gets done in.

The video was just a piece of plate with corners rounded off, but to get from A to B and allow for cutter diam as well when turning the corners and going in a different direction, is now clear to me.

This experience is like pointing someone in the right direction and taking the blindfold off......without the first few lines of the starting sequence G code nothing else makes sense.
    Ian.

"Now how pedantic can you get"

Check out Australia's laws on firearms, and anything that looks like a firearm.

CE marking is there to make sure that the products that are being sold are safe to use. I have no idea how you reached the conclusion that you did, but it seems like it's from a lack of knowledge on the subject.

If a reseller is importing from outside the EU, then the reseller is responsible for CE marking, not the manufacturer.

"How pedantic con you get"
    Assuming that English is not my language I google "pedantic" for a translation and i get "overly concerned by details"
    That's is the essence of CNC to be concerned by details in other word precision so i took it as a good word , but please when you say "can YOU get" I understand it as European people and i don't like it prefer say European government rigidity not people please

Thank you Defeng for Detailing the situation really appreciate , it will help to see further to us

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker
    BTW, I also have reservations on the brute force aspect of draw bar pull.....this was mentioned before, but with further thoughts, a system that relies on a toggle lock action to keep the draw bar pulled up tight and not with Bellville washers would seem to be much better mechanically.

Bellville washers, although simple in their application, need to have a complicated release mechanism and need to be compressed even tighter to release the tool, whereas a toggle clamp action only needs to pull the draw bar up and hold it there, no springs involved...... just an idea I'm working on.
    Ian.
    Noe you're being pedantic... The problem with the toggle is that it will have to spin around with the spindle. Then you'll have to clock it to line up with the actuator. Plus you'll have to constantly adjust the pull bar because the cam will wear from repeated use, even to the point the cam won't lock the lever in position. My suggestion would be to use yoir machine as-is and modify the parts as you see fit. (Though it would be almost criminal to take such a nicely made spindle and hack it up.)

If you really want to get into g code, look for the CNC Programming Handbook by Peter Smid. Probably in its 3rd edition now. I recommend still a simple CAM solution so you can be up and running while learning g code.

Page 78 of 184 2868767778798088128178