586,389 active members*
2,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > BMC-40 console problem

BMC-40 console problem

Greetings to all

I have a problem with our Hurco BMC-40 (Ultimax 3..)...

All the buttons on the console (dual display) are "dead"...pressing them means nothing to the machine...(except for the emergency stop button...)

However, pressing F1-F8 and all other keys on the additional keyboard works normally...

It should be said that while booting - all the green lights on the console are on , then three of them stay on (which should be normal , I suppose) ....

I had two motherboards at my disposal - I switched them in the rack - nothing changed...the console didn't respond....so, i suppose, the motherboard is out of question...

Anybody had a similar problem?

I would appreciate any suggestion that might help to solve this issue

All the best..

Is it an ISA (the computer is contained in an aluminium box) or a Multibus (open rack type) control in the cabinet?

It's an open rack type...

The usual trouble is dead MC1488 and MC1489 RS-232 chips on the board in the console and the board (personality board?) in the card rack. Bloke will have the IC numbers on the boards (or just search 1488 on this forum), they're easy to get and simple to replace.

It could also be the wires inside the console aren't plugged in all the way, you can open the console & check. Clean out any chips inside while it's open.

If I static-zap the console of my BMC-20 the keyboard quits listening to keypresses, though the machine keeps running. You could ohm out the ground wires between the console & the machine while you're at it.

Right. It may be that your problem is in U4 on the board in the bottom of the console. It's a little more complicated than the boards in a Max2 machine, the Max3 rarely get this fault so I'm taking a bit of a gamble on this one. Failing that, you may need to replace the board.

I didn't see the Max3, sorry about that. I'd thought that all the Max3 machines had ISA bus computers in the closed card cage.

Edit: Oh, now I remember, Max32 has the ISA computer.

Thanks , guys...I will try to play with the board under the console and the said chips, because of the personality board in the rack had been replaced earlier, too - nothing changed, unfortunately....

However, supposedly the board from the console had been sent to the guy who works for the Hurco reseller...according to him - the board should be OK....

Cables and contacts had been checked thoroughly, too...

thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by dexyc33 View Post
    Thanks , guys...I will try to play with the board under the console and the said chips, because of the personality board in the rack had been replaced earlier, too - nothing changed, unfortunately....
    You decide your problems? We have the same problem, the machine VMX24.

The problem appeared after replacing the motherboard PC.
    Touch screen, standard keyboard and the buttons "stop" - is work, but does not work extended keyboard of the machine.

I am sorry for my English.