586,058 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mazatrol 640T wont run and contactors are randomly activating with NC off

Mazatrol 640T wont run and contactors are randomly activating with NC off

A few weeks ago I switched on my QTN 200 with MAZATROL 640T pc fusion control after it had been sitting for a few weeks and it came up with an alarm in regards to 378 battery malfunction turret due to the battery being below critical voltage. I swapped out the battery and went through the steps to fix the alarm.

After that issue the machine was running fine until I switched it on the next day and it came up with the following alarm at start up "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down''. I was able to get the alarm to go away two or three times by doing a disk scan via the windows interface. Now it won’t go away.

Windows appears to be running okay.

Once windows is open if I try to open Mazatrol I get the M6SdgShrmem is failed on getting disposal iStatus 5 iSubStatus 5.
    The Red PS emg light on the back of the Control is red and the Numbers on back are cycling from 2 through to 8.
    The battery in the back of the control is reading about 3.7 volts so it seems okay and the battery light is not on.

At times the contactors labelled KM1 KM2 KM3 KM4 in the attached photo were randomly opening and closing every 10 - 20 seconds when the NC unit was switched off (as well as when it is on). I am wondering if the NC unit could cause this to happen when it’s switched off e.g it’s still communicates with contactors when it’s switched off. If not then maybe the problem is coming from another source unrelated to the NC unit e.g something that can cause these contactors to open and close even when the NC unit is off.

I started looking for a loose connection e.g carefully wiggling wires to see if I could trigger it to kick in and out but it appeared that all the cables I tried had no effect.

The below warnings were coming up last night while playing around on windows 95
    1)communication error between personal computer and servo amplifier check connection
    2)write error occured between the NC and the personal computer 0002

We are working on backing everything up. Once we have backed up what we can I plan to try the re-initializing the NC and if that's no good try cloning the hard drive to start eliminating possible causes. However I am wondering if the cause is coming from another device as mentioned

Any help would be appreciated. Also if someone know someone who is an expert in this area I would be willing to pay them for there time

Re: Mazatrol 640T wont run and contactors are randomly activating with NC off

...I would start looking for a Power Supply problem on the +/-5v.side. AC Ripple to high is common problem for older units.

DJ

Re: Mazatrol 640T wont run and contactors are randomly activating with NC off

Thank you for your reply DJ.

Is this the transformer in the attached picture that puts out 5 volts? Its located behind the control panel