586,060 active members*
4,341 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Joystick Control Fagor8050 Contol

Has anyone any information oe add-on accessories for joystick or pendant control to a Fagor 8050M running an Extron mill. (The type of mill is irrelevant really.)

In a previous life I had a mill with Joystick controls and for manual tool room work it was so much easier and safer than a hand wheel and membrane keys.

Regards David Wheeldon

I Installed a Pendant in a 8055T, Recommend you to visit fagorautomation.com they have a pdf with full pendant aplications, the problem is you have to program the plc to enable a "new axis" to be the pendant and of course you have to change the paramenters, but everything you need its on the manual

Joystick Control Fagor8050 Control

Thanks for your reply Ed.

I have been in touch Fagor's representitive in Australia but I want to look at possible options before making a recommendation.

I always seem to have a problem with Fagor's web site, probably as we have an out-of-production control. I cannot patch into the PDF covering pendants and joysticks. Is it possible you could post me the link you used?

I operated a joystick control on an Arix mill for over 10 years and got used to it especially for manual and part auto operations.

In the case of our Extron mill + Fagor8050 I'm now using, the max jog speed setting is next to the lowest handwheel resolution at the selector knob. You have to make sure you have hit the right value and are not looking in the wrong direction when you press the Z- key otherwise your tool becomes a punch and a rapid one at that. We would like to be rid of jog and manually feed only via one control and one setting.

Regards Dave Wheeldon