586,055 active members*
4,277 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > GGG70 finishing, looong fit
    Hello everybody

I have a real problem turning a 329 mm long fit onto a wave- Ø 280mm.
    Until my plate is on the last piece of the fit, it’s quite messed up, however the surface at the back should be clean due to a RWD that goes on top of it. Well it’s okay for the first wave but I definitely have to change the plate for the second wave… each wave a new blade…mmh I have already tried all Vc values, at around 80m/min , the plate lasts two pieces- however the whole turning takes longer than measuring each single one.

I use sandvik VBMT 160408 3005 but I also tried 4225 and 4215 or rather CNMG 120408 4225,
    WAK20 from Walter and also the CNMG-ceramic and CNMG-plates from arno. But I don’t know the
    cutting material description anymore of the last two.
    I’m sure there is somebody here that knows how to deal with these sorts of problems...

Many thanks in advance

Martillo

Hello
    That sounds weird. Usually the material can be processed without problems unless there are many cavities or other inclusions in it. Have you checked the material?
    &quot;Lache nie über die Dummheit der anderen. Sie ist Deine Chance.&quot;<br /><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Winston Churchill<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->