586,035 active members*
3,720 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > No door saftey switches with 2 N.O.s?

No door saftey switches with 2 N.O.s?

Man, Its just one thing after another with this project. I think I got myself in over my head but I cant back down now. The robot arm alert system Im working on was designed to disable the photo sensor when the door is open. It has a laser and for operational and safety reasons the laser needs to shut off when the door is opened. The Robot already has a door safety switch that sends a signal to the robot so the robot will not move unless the door is closed.

I assumed the 2nd set of contacts on the Omron safety switch was another set of N.O. terminals. After looking it up I see it is a set of N.C. terminals. And of course every single safety switch I see has more than one set of N.C. terminals but NONE have more than one set of N.O. terminals. This is getting aggravating.

Can anyone help? I dont want to have to put a second safety switch on it and I looked in a 2 wire sink/source inductive switch but they say the load current is 0-100Ma. Im not sure if that is how much current it draws or if its how much current it can handle . I probably got this confused. But if I have this sensor in front of a device that draws up to 250Ma so that the device only receives voltage when the switch is closed, can this switch handle the 250Ma draw from the device when the switch load current is rated at 0-100Ma?

Here is the switch
    AK1-A0-2H Products

Question

The safety switch (omron) is on robot panel. Right? so when door opens robot can move in and remove part. But when door closed it can't. Where does laser come in? If laser shuts off when door opens thru its own circuit, use the NC spare on the Omron as a set of dry contacts. In other words take your command signal for laser and run one leg thru Omron NC so when it opens door NC becomes open and laser shuts off redundant safety. Is this what your trying to accomplish???

The load current is the rated current when the device is activated, so at whatever the supply voltage is the load has to restrict the current to 100ma max.
    Two wire do not generally have the capacity that open collector 3 wire type have.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.