586,080 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Heidenhain TNC 620 postprocessor

Heidenhain TNC 620 postprocessor

Hello.
    I`m trying to make a post-processor for my milling machine, which uses Heidenhain TNC 620 controller. I need some help with drilling cycles. Code looks like this:
    Code:
    81. Standard drill canned cycle.
    	seq_only,g_canned_cycle,"200 DRILLING ~"
    	"Q200=",force_no_add_spaces,initial_plane,default_add_spaces,comment_start,"SET-UP CLEARANCE ~"
    	"Q201=",force_no_add_spaces,drill_depth,default_add_spaces,comment_start,"DEPTH ~"
    	"Q206=",force_no_add_spaces,canned_feed_rate,default_add_spaces,comment_start,"FEED RATE FOR PLNGNG ~"
    	"Q202=",force_no_add_spaces,drill_depth,default_add_spaces,comment_start,"PLUNGING DEPTH ~"
    	"Q210=0",comment_start,"DWELL TIME AT TOP ~"
    	"Q203=",force_no_add_spaces,zero_position_z,default_add_spaces,comment_start,"SURFACE COORDINATE ~"
    	"Q204=",force_no_add_spaces,reference_plane,default_add_spaces,comment_start,"2ND SET-UP CLEARANCE ~"
    	"Q211=",force_no_add_spaces,dwell,default_add_spaces,comment_start,"DWELL TIME AT DEPTH"
    The problematic part is:
    Code:
    "Q202=",force_no_add_spaces,drill_depth,default_add_spaces,comment_start,"PLUNGING DEPTH ~"
    Drill depth is negative value, and my controller need a positive one after Q202. Everithing else is OK. Anyone knows how to make that value positive?

My workaround for now is to change the processed code manually, but I would like to avoid that.

Thank you.

Positive drill depth.

Change the drill_depth variable to abs_drill_depth.
    This will output the positive number.

I just came from shop and abs_drill_depth works perfectly.

I found this morning, that there is PostVariables.txt file in post-processor directory. Which lists and explain all variables you can call from Bobcad.