586,076 active members*
4,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > Spindle control Dmm Tech

Spindle control Dmm Tech

Hi everyone i need a little help getting my spindle wired correctly .I am not real good at wiring but i am learning ,i have the motors working with lot's of help . Now i am on to the spindle and the vfd and the forward reverse connections , i got a diagram from Dmm Tech but i am not sure if i am reading it correctly . I will attach the diagram they sent .Question 1 ,in the diagram it seems they are requiring a external supply either 12 or 24 volt what is the resistor doing . Question 2, is the line with the resistor positive Volts on D16/D17 And S16 And 17 negative ? Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Figured it out

I have figured it out , D16 ,D17 positive S16 ,S17 Negative .On the VFD hook the two 2.4k resistors to the positive output terminal on your analog output voltage, mine was 24V this supply's the voltage to the BOB And then hook the the wires to the resistors and then loop them to the FWD REV terminals of the VFD . The ground from S16 ,S17 then hook to the analog output ground terminal as well as your shielding grounds on both ends. If any one has a Hitachi SJ 200 VFD i can help them configure it for the BOB as well .

Thanks All have fun

Commander SK VFD to DMM BOB wiring help

Hey guys,
    I have an Commander SK 'SKCD200220' VFD
    that i'm trying to hook up to a dmm-tech DMB4250-8B break out board to use with mach3.

I'm a complete newb to this; so I'd love to learn how to hook it up if anyones done that before?

thanks for your help
    firstyear :wee:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6323.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by woffler View Post
    I have figured it out , D16 ,D17 positive S16 ,S17 Negative .On the VFD hook the two 2.4k resistors to the positive output terminal on your analog output voltage, mine was 24V this supply's the voltage to the BOB And then hook the the wires to the resistors and then loop them to the FWD REV terminals of the VFD . The ground from S16 ,S17 then hook to the analog output ground terminal as well as your shielding grounds on both ends. If any one has a Hitachi SJ 200 VFD i can help them configure it for the BOB as well .

Thanks All have fun
    Maybe you can help me with a WJ200

I got this half way working with the breakout board. The spindle starts and stops on command but so far I can not change the speed.

On the AV_OUT I am reading -0.12 volts when the spindle is on and -0.06 volts when the spindle is off. If I understand this correctly I should be getting variable positive voltage from 0 to 10 volts depending on the speed Mach is calling for?

Here is how I have it wired:

AV_OUT
    +v wired to H on the VFD
    Aout wired to O on the VFD
    G wired to L (lower row - analog ground) on the VFD

D_out 16
    D16 wired to #1 on the VFD
    S16 wired to L (upper row - digital ground) on the VFD

Setting in Mach3 per the document provided a few posts back except I had
    to set output 1 to ACTIVE LOW.

Any ideas?
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

Hi Kelly, are you using PWM control or step direction control for you spindle control?

I have another question, on the +volt in on the break out board terminal what is the voltage ? it should be 10 volts.
    If not, we have a vfd problem and not a Mach problem and we can then diagnose from there.

Thanks guys,
    Not sure what I did but I got it working a few minutes ago.

The reference voltage from the VFD is 10 volts. I was not getting any voltage from Aout on the BOB. I then went into Mach and changed the active low setting on the spindle in "ports and pins" "motor control" that jumped the volts to 10 on Aout... then I set it back and it started working??

My wiring was correct the whole time.

Now I have to fine tune the speed settings but that should be easy!

Thanks for the help.
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

That's great ,Mach can be weird at times and not register a change to xml . it is always best to close it out and restart it after a change to make sure it takes and sometimes it still doesn't.
    It is one of those little mystery's of life.

Woffler,

I will take your offer to help.

I am trying to connect DMM BOB with Hitachi WJ (not sure how different WJ is from SJ). I spent few hours going through the manual and I think I do understand little bit but it is going to take hours and hours. Other options is to ask for help :-)

Can you post the picture of wiring you have done b/w DMM BOB and Hitachi. I think wiring to motor and wiring from AC outlet is straight forward.

Can you list the parameters you needed to change?

I am also asking Kelly to post pictures and parameter list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woffler View Post

Thanks All have fun

Here is mine

Here are the pictures of the wiring.

B031 - 03 or 10
    A001 - 01 Freq source = My manual has a misprint. Think it is 01
    A002 - 02 Run source
    A076 - 01 PV source

Other settings to look at

A003 - 40 hz
    A004 - 140 hz
    A061 - 140 hz
    A062 - 40 hz
    F002 - 3 sec.

In mach3 to calibrate the spindle speed I ended up just playing with the min and max rpm numbers until
    things are close. I ended up with a MIN RPM at 300 and MAX RPM at 11,000.

This made the VFD run at 60hz with a s3000 command in Mach. My pulley ratio is
    1:2 so motor is at 1500 RPM (rated speed at 60hz) and spindle at 3000 RPM at 60hz.

If I tell Mach3 to go to to 6000 RPM with a s6000 command the VFD goes to 120 hz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1.jpg   photo 2.jpg  
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

thanks Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by kregan View Post
    Here is mine

Here are the pictures of the wiring.

B031 - 03 or 10
    A001 - 01 Freq source = My manual has a misprint. Think it is 01
    A002 - 02 Run source
    A076 - 01 PV source

Other settings to look at

A003 - 40 hz
    A004 - 140 hz
    A061 - 140 hz
    A062 - 40 hz
    F002 - 3 sec.

In mach3 to calibrate the spindle speed I ended up just playing with the min and max rpm numbers until
    things are close. I ended up with a MIN RPM at 300 and MAX RPM at 11,000.

This made the VFD run at 60hz with a s3000 command in Mach. My pulley ratio is
    1:2 so motor is at 1500 RPM (rated speed at 60hz) and spindle at 3000 RPM at 60hz.

If I tell Mach3 to go to to 6000 RPM with a s6000 command the VFD goes to 120 hz.