587,025 active members*
3,299 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Can you identify this clamp??

I need to find out more information about this clamp, but first off, I need to know what it is! Is it a clamp? Looks like clamp, but is it? The screw shown goes in freely into the top of the c bracket, and when through is supposed to screw into something else. But I'm very curious to know, what are these things called? I may or may not be a McMaster Carr item. Please help. Photos attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 045.jpg   044.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl626 View Post
    I need to find out more information about this clamp, but first off, I need to know what it is! Is it a clamp? Looks like clamp, but is it? The screw shown goes in freely into the top of the c bracket, and when through is supposed to screw into something else. But I'm very curious to know, what are these things called? I may or may not be a McMaster Carr item. Please help. Photos attached.
    seems to be a puller. consider a compound shaft of a lathe or a gearbox having gears on it. it will be very handy to pull shafts having tapped holes on their ends.
    It is better to die for something than to live for nothing.

Just a thought

Judging by the look of the item, the welds etc it may have been a special made type of item. If you have one handy take it to a local machine shop and have them give you a bid.

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl626 View Post

Could be a clamp or puller or a spring compressor like you might use to install shims in an OHC engine. It might be used to install pulleys or gears on a shaft too.

It looks like a clamp used on a fixture plate. The bold is screwed into the fixture plate, the part inserted under one of the legs and the wing nut tightened. It is probably meant to hold two parts. The pivot in the middle allows it to accommodate differences in the heights of the parts.

bob