586,117 active members*
3,394 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LaserPro Explorer software?

Hello everyone,

My company just aquired a Laserpro Explorer laser engraver from a company going out of business. The machine powers up but we did not receive any software at all with this machine and cannot find any info on it. We are just trying to figure out what we need to get this thing up and running. On a side note we are now using a MORNtech laser engraver (china version) which simply runs using Coreldraw with a Macro sofware patch so this is all we know. Thanks for any information available, sorry for the lack of knowledge with this stuff.

GCC Lasers run from a printer driver, which means you can send files from many different graphics programs, but Coreldraw is the most popular. The printer driver is usually available from GCC, Jorlink USA, or Litografa's Site.

thanks for the info, I'll check with GCC

Well heres an update, I finally got everything installed and functioning correctly. Only problem now is when I print something in corel draw the machine will go through the motions and act like it is printing the job but no laser comes on and burns the artwork. ot sure if this could be a setting issue or if I have a bad laser. Any test functions for this machine? Thanks again for all the help!

Magnetic switches

If any of the magnetic switches on the doors are not in contact, the laser will not fire. You should make sure all doors are fully closed (lid and pass through). Keep an eye on the laser indicator. If it does not flash red while the machine is running, the laser is not firing.

The red light on the display that says laser is illuminated during the printing process but still nothing is actually being burned. Very confusing.

Sounds like your laser beam is out of alignment... ? You should check the beam way from the first mirror to the last one.

Just guessing - regards,
    Hannu

I'll check that, thanks