586,069 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Having trouble milling narrow slots

Having trouble milling narrow slots

I'm using SprutCAM 7 Pro, Version 7, Build 1.2 Rev 40148.

I have a part that has 10 identical groups of long narrow slots on 3 sides. I'm trying to setup to mill them all in one setup via a rotary table - simple indexing so it should be no sweat, right?

Each slot is 0.140in wide with a 0.070in radius end; I'm using a 0.125in end mill to do the cut. I'm using waterline roughing and leaving 0.005in for a finish pass. I'm using a zig-zag entry lead in to get down to cutting depth in the slot.

The software is behaving quite strangely with this combination of parameters. On 2 sides of the part it successfully generates all 10 slots worth of paths. On the remaining side it only generates 8 of the paths. All slots are identical (I know with 100% certainty they are identical because I did the model and on the CAD side I use a feature mirror to copy them from side to side.)

Can anyone explain why the program is doing this? It gets really weird with these slots. I'm done parts FAR more complex than this and had less strange behavior. I expected to knock this one out in 20 minutes and I've burned most of day messing around with various strategies and having very little luck ... Argh!

I've attached a copy of the project. Any and all advice appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files