I got two working machines and one for parts last year on Ebay. I have been spending time on and off getting one of them rewired with a galil 2172 7 axis ethernet card and CamSoft Lite.

I finally got an end effector put together so I could try out the machine on some work, instead of just jogging the arm around.

There is a 45MB video that will open in Windows Media Player or you can right click the link on the webpage and save the file.

I still have to figure out the best strategy for speed and accuracy. The machine runs fine point to point at feedrates up to 5000, but interpolated moves are limited. Ideal feedrates would be above 1500, but the system gets jerky when I try to feed a lot information to create fine resolution movements.
Most of the movements in the video have feedrates around 800. It doesn't mean inches per minutes since the arm is 6dof measured in degrees.

The kinematics come from a robot simulation program, the basic code is filtered through a VB app from MetLHead :wave: and pasted into a text file.

My job is glassblowing. I use CNC for making molds and other parts for the shop.

www.keithorrblowpipes.com for more information and the video file

Ed Skeels