586,104 active members*
3,262 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > STEPPER MOTOR AND DRIVER CONNECTION ADVICE

STEPPER MOTOR AND DRIVER CONNECTION ADVICE

Hi

Before I expose myself to you allow me to say I am new at this cnc machining.

However I built my own machine but I am still struggling. I have a 5 axis univelop BOB and Drivers coupled with Vexta PK266-02A.

My problem and question is.
    It seems one of my drivers has a problem and I tried everything I know to get it working to no success.

Can anybody tell me is it possible to connect two stepper motors to one driver.Will operation work.
    I am just scared I might blow something thus I am putting this question to the experts.

Thank you
    Gambit

Did you ever try to connect stepper motors and driver together. If so what was the results. Any expolsion !!!!!

Wiring two motors in parallel halves the resistance per coil and so can put an additional strain on the drivers. Having said that, it's been done (I've done it) and it didn't blow up my drivers, but it was with pretty small, high resistance motors and a current regulating driver.

So did the failure happen before the dual driver connection or after? What are the motors rated? What is the driver rated?

Item # PK266-02A, Stepping Motor on Oriental Motor U.S.A. Corp. 3.6 ohms bipolar 1.8 unipolar. So did you connect them bipolar or unipolar? Either way, that is a very low resistance. Two of those in unipolar would be less than 1 ohm resistance.

Is it the TB6560 driver?
    3 AXIS (TB6560) CNC DRIVER BOARD 4 STEPPER MOTOR MILL CNC ROUTER 3 AXIS (TB6560) CNC DRIVER BOARD 4 STEPPER MOTOR [CNC3AIXS3TB6560] - $89.90 : CNC Driver ARM Ulink 5-axis BDM Keil Mill - CNCGeeker.com Univelop Tech. LLC, CNC

No wonder. Cheap Chinese crap. It is /very/ probably fried. Not easy to repair. Best wishes.

Thank you James

This is my setup.
    I have designed my cnc machine to be used as a hotwire foam cutter and a router by. Whatever machine I want to use I make a small conversion.

My parrallel axis X & A.
    vertical axis Z & C.
    Horizontal axis Y.

So whenever I need the foam cutter I remove the horizontal Y axis bar.Thus I have a hotwire foam cutter machine and I do the reverse and I have a router. The setup worked well untill one of these drivers ( c driver ) became faulty. However I was hoping to connect Z & C to one driver which will solve my problem.

I have the univelop 5 axes individual drivers with a bob board (TB6560) and off-course vexta motors.

Any ideas.

Buy a quality driver that is easy to repair.