586,121 active members*
3,440 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > 90 deg Angled Head in Edgecam 2010???

90 deg Angled Head in Edgecam 2010???

Hi all,

How can I program toolpaths for a 90deg Angled head (kaiser) that we have just purchased?

I use Hurco VSX24 with Ultimaxx SSM control and Edgecam 2010...
    But we dont have the tab containing ANGLED head in milling cutters.

Is there a way around this??

Many thanks for reading this.

:-)

Which version of the 2010 releases have you got?
    Angled head support came out in the 2010R2 release so if you've only got 2010R1 then you need to upgrade.
    However if you have got 2010R2 you'll also need to be using an adaptive post processor to get use of angled heads, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by meegers View Post
    Which version of the 2010 releases have you got?
    Angled head support came out in the 2010R2 release so if you've only got 2010R1 then you need to upgrade.
    However if you have got 2010R2 you'll also need to be using an adaptive post processor to get use of angled heads, I think.
    Thanks for the reply, we just have 2010 not R2.. :-(
    company not about to upgrade at the moment... :-(

Is there no way atall to get round this even if its long winded ???

Thanks again. :-)

Hey up,

there's a few ways to get round it and some depend on how much ';code' you know, but the method below is probably the safest way.

Create a post, or copy an existing proven post, for each face you want the angled head to cut down, for example, if the cutting direction is down the Xaxis, or up the Xaxis, or down the Yaxis.
    Once you have your different posts then open up the format table, and swap the letter adresses around. XYZ and IJK, if you use that style, are the obvious ones. I don't know if you can use canned cycles with that head/controller but check the format table letter adress for hole depths, set to Z by default.
    Once you're happy with those changes then open up the NC File General tab in the NC Styles section. You might need to select some of the 'reverse X/Y/Z axis' boxes. Also check if G2/G3 and G41/42 needs reversing and if so, just swap the values around in the G-Codes section.

Simples
    :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by meegers View Post
    Hey up,

there's a few ways to get round it and some depend on how much ';code' you know, but the method below is probably the safest way.

Create a post, or copy an existing proven post, for each face you want the angled head to cut down, for example, if the cutting direction is down the Xaxis, or up the Xaxis, or down the Yaxis.
    Once you have your different posts then open up the format table, and swap the letter adresses around. XYZ and IJK, if you use that style, are the obvious ones. I don't know if you can use canned cycles with that head/controller but check the format table letter adress for hole depths, set to Z by default.
    Once you're happy with those changes then open up the NC File General tab in the NC Styles section. You might need to select some of the 'reverse X/Y/Z axis' boxes. Also check if G2/G3 and G41/42 needs reversing and if so, just swap the values around in the G-Codes section.

Simples
    :cheers:
    excellent i will give it a go..

cheers for the input and guidance.
    :-)