586,103 active members*
3,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Bob Cad Forum

Thoughts on new Bob site?Besides that it appears we have lost a vast data base of knowledge,and also that overall it appears to suck in many ways.Anybody like it?

It appears they have picked a system with some huge potential... It has some "social networking" capabilities in it... Loosly put, this doesnt mean "buddy lists and pictures of pets... It's more about the underlying ability to get at that "Data" and keep in touch with it and whats happening with it.. entries are "tagged" with a user, the group, how it's followed and helped.

If it has been implemented right, the old forum will be like trying to find something in the old wharehouse full of cases of paper documents, with some burnout posting everyday that might rememeber where and when something was written 5 years ago

Unless you have changed your "guise"I see no Burr signed up yet.If you do,for some reason or another,you will have to make a video for us less fortunate computer folks out here,titled "WTF do we do now",or maybe Bob will.LOL

Also,that sounds like all previous threads are gone.Is there a way we could copy old forum,like not everything,but say all v23,with a fairly easy way to do?I know these are really questions for Bob,but you know,"your the man."

lol... No BurrMan there yet.... But it wont be a secret....

I dont know their plans, but I would imagine that all the threads in the old forum will be locked for posting, but still there.. Although, they could just delete it all!!! We'll have to wait and see...

The newer forum technologies can be read about and understood from here:

Welcome to GMPG

Kindof like opening the door for using your "iphone" or "Facebook" or whatever, instead of a need to "login" to a forum...But, We'll have to wait and see..

A video on the new forum? lmao... I am imagining that it isnt a complete work yet... But it should remain/be the best place for BobCad user interaction...

The zone is more like writing on the wall in a truckstop mens room!! (someone great once told me that!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Also,that sounds like all previous threads are gone.Is there a way we could copy old forum,like not everything,but say all v23,with a fairly easy way to do?."
    Well, if they ARE going to just delete it, maybe we could convince them to give us the database. (with the "passwords" n-tuple destroyed)

BTW: jrmach....
    Thats quite the profile pic in the new forum!!!! I have a great story about me and this guy driving a truck for 4 months that a house had fallen on during Hurricane Iniki... I'll tell you about it sometime...

("The zone is more like writing on the wall in a truckstop mens room!! (someone great once told me that!!! ) Thats funny s_ _ t.

New web-site.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    If it has been implemented right, the old forum will be like trying to find something in the old wharehouse full of cases of paper documents, with some burnout posting everyday that might rememeber where and when something was written 5 years ago
    Burrman is correct about this , The purpose of this is to streamline. It is new so in-turn involves change, I can tell you first hand as I do work for BobCAD I had been pulling my hair out for about two hours working through the new features. No one welcomes change easily, We have not deleted the old forum , we are closing it from new postings soon in order to properly store the data within the new site so that it is searchable.

Let me say clear these things up,

Will it be perfect as of day one ? No.

Will BobCAD fix things as they are found ? Yes.

Will it be easy to use ? Yes , but like anything new you will need a few minutes to look at it.

Will every one agree or like it ? Probably not, But this is being done to enhance our customers experience, given time many more features, documents and videos will be available.

The old forum has not been deleted. Use the URL- BobCAD-CAM Support Forum

What sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Thoughts on new Bob site?Besides that it appears we have lost a vast data base of knowledge,and also that overall it appears to suck in many ways.Anybody like it?
    What is it that "sucks" ? It is still new and we would like to improve your experience not make it worse. Is there anything we could do to make it better?

how easy is it to join the new forum?
    can you join online or do you still have to ring bobcad-cam?
    Being an international customer i found having to make/pay for an international phone call off putting just to join a forum so i didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by winaa View Post
    how easy is it to join the new forum?
    can you join online or do you still have to ring bobcad-cam?
    Being an international customer i found having to make/pay for an international phone call off putting just to join a forum so i didn't bother.
    Go to this link, and the just follow the directions:

BobCAD-CAM Support Forum
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Go to this link, and the just follow the directions:

BobCAD-CAM Support Forum
    And when I click on the link "register" this is what I get

This forum is for BobCAD-CAM customers only. Please call 727-489-0003 to register. Thank you.

I don't want to place an international call to join a forum why can't I join online?

Try this link:

- BobCAD-CAM

Quote Originally Posted by Sowen View Post
    What is it that "sucks" ? It is still new and we would like to improve your experience not make it worse. Is there anything we could do to make it better?
    Someone make a video would be real great.Like you say,it is new and take time to get use to.Being a fairly new computer/internet guy,what we use to have at the forum is pretty much the extent of my exposure.So anything to help would be a plus,to enjoy and use the new way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sowen View Post
    The number one thing that I dislike about it is that you appear to have tried to make it like Face book. Face book is great for a social network but would not work very well as an informational network.
    Your opening page or home page (I agree with jrmach and Burr) is like trying to find the information on a SH wall.
    I didn't just watch the V24 or/and V23 forum section but also paid attention to the other areas as well. Was actually thinking about adding solid works to my package due to watching that part of the forum.
    Now I am thinking of dropping Bobcad all together.(nuts)
    Bobcad might be a value with someone who has the time to sort thru all the BS but I have more important things to do than root thru a forum like a hog rooting for an acorn. (chair)

NSI,
    Well, if they had the "facebook" software to run the new forum, that would be VERY powerful... Everything I touch or am interested in, I am notified of instantly... Rememeber, a "friend" is a topic or thread too.. I think you are frustrated, but should give it a chance.... You may find the info you want is more readily available..

I think you misread one of my posts... We are here, in the truckstop now!!!

And when I click on the link "register" this is what I get

This forum is for BobCAD-CAM customers only. Please call 727-489-0003 to register. Thank you.

I don't want to place an international call to join a forum why can't I join online?
    Didn`t work for me either in the UK, beginning to think the new BC Forum is becoming a US only and/or "pay to play" only Forum

US customers get a relatively cheap/toll free call while the rest of us have to pay extra, thanks a lot BC

How hard is it to have an "online" Registration system that works for everyone !!!!

Very, very annoying to say the least, been buying BobCAD software since V18, not nice to know that as I won`t upgrade to V24 and/or pay for an International call (You know how expensive they can be !!) I now appear to be excluded from the "club" (flame2)

Ah well, there is always the good old "Zone" here, just keeps rolling along, good old reliable and FREE !!!

Works for me :cheers:

:rainfro::rainfro::rainfro:

The link burrman posted worked, didn't see that on their site :tired:
    You get sent an activate your account email which I didn't see for a day or 2 as it ended up in my junk folder, once you activate from the email no problems

The link burrman posted worked, didn't see that on their site :tired:
    You get sent an activate your account email which I didn't see for a day or 2 as it ended up in my junk folder, once you activate from the email no problems
    That`s where I had tried to register, I don`t even get to the waiting for an email stage, just keep getting any username I try thrown out, the other issue is it is really slow here, like being back on an old "dial-up" and I`m on a Fibre Optic cable straight into the house with a 10Mbps service (Or thereabouts )from the Cable company.

I can access the "Zone" here and the old BobCAD Forum faster on my Blackberry so it`s a little frustrating

Think I`ll just stick with the "Zone", works fine for me

:rainfro::rainfro::rainfro:

Page 1 of 3 123