586,106 active members*
3,127 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Edgecam Strategy Manager

Edgecam Strategy Manager

Does anyone have experience using Edgecam Strategy Manager.

We are looking into purchasing it and was wanting to know how peole find its flexiblity.

We are a manufacturer of aerospace parts with some reasonably complex geometries and are trying to create best practice cylces for turning and milling.

Most of the time in turning and milling we have to create our own features as the pre determined features either dont give us the result we want or encompass too much geometry which we subsequently need to shorten or modify.

I dont believe creating your own features will be a problem with strategy manager but I was concerned that with limited success in Edgecam understanding the features that we create, the same problem will be true with strategy manager applying these features correctly.

Another route we might take if strategy manager will not give us the flexibility we are looking for is too create PCIs instead. This way we can still use wireframe geom, but obviously we will lose some of the intelligence associated with the solids

Good stuff

Yes, I have extensive use in strategy manager.

I believe we need to clarify, strategies do not create the features but apply tools and tool paths to the existing features, either features found by the automated or manual ones you create.

The best way to think about strategies is to use them as tools that can rapidly apply tools and tool path. The tools and or tool path can be perfect or could need a few tweaks. And as time goes on you refine the strategies until the tweaks are no longer needed.

But also know that it is not an either or, strategies and PCIs can work together and can give you a great solution.

Would anyone happen to have any turning strategies that they are willing to share??

I am trying to put together some rough/ finish turning and grooving strategies but I am having some difficulties with the logic.