586,075 active members*
4,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > It's Official Now.

It's Official Now.

I planned on purchasing a copy of the Autodesk Inventor software but, those plans fell through financially at the last minute.

One of my retired-engineer customers has generously offered to let me use his laptop loaded with an older version of Solidworks until he gets back from his extended vacation; or until I save up the money to pay for my own copy of this software.

Because I'm basically a Mac user, I've been using TurboCad. I'm hoping for a painless transition but, I'm bracing for some more pre-mature hair-loss.

I guess it's all for the best. My informal research has shown that Solidworks users are generally better looking people than Autodesk Inventor users so I should fit right in.:rainfro:

OK, that was just a desperate attempt at humor.

My main reason for posting here was to put you all on notice that now there's one more Solidworks newbie that will be lurking here in search of answers and direct input from time to time. I hope you all will bare with me.

MetalShavings

Well, at least you can watch TIVO reruns of the "cool, good looking" Mac guy belittling the "nerdy, helpless" PC guy, while he listens to his itunes player with Nirvana playing and calling all his friends with his special phone to tell them "everybody else" has issues!!!!

(Theres my attempt at humor )

Don't know whose attempt was less-funny, mine or yours.

It is good to know that there's at least one other guy here that's on the same wave length though.

MetalShavings

lol... Neither of us should quit for a standup career!!!

You'll get good help with Solidworks though.. There are "endless" youtube videos too, which are good to see a visual.

Burrman,

I want to thank you again for the tips on machining a single surface in Bobcad.
    Anyway, if you have any questions with Solidworks, just ask as I owe you one.

Your welcome Pat.. Thanks for the offer... It's nice to have resources to pull from!!!