586,042 active members*
3,743 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > RFQ: 5"Dia Aluminum rings X4, easy lathe job, possibly CNC mill?

RFQ: 5"Dia Aluminum rings X4, easy lathe job, possibly CNC mill?

Please note the attached files. I apologize for the lack of dimension detail on the dxf, but if you're like me, you'd just assume the drawing be to scale and you get whatever you need from the drawing.

This ring is for the center cap on a set of old racing wheels I have and I'm restoring as a hobby. So I don't have a lot of cash, but the upside is I also don't have much of a schedule either. Basically any Aluminum (or other metal for that matter) you have left over would be fine for this job as long as all 4 rings match. radiuses, shown sharp on the drawing, are not critical. This is replacing a cast part after all!

This COULD be done on a mill if you wanted to turn the workpiece over and do both sides.

If you have the facilities to chrome plate, chrome powder coat, or just polish and clearcoat these, quote that as a line item, as it would save me the work of doing it. The angled surface is the only show surface on this part, and is all that would need be show finish.

I can pay via check in the mail or paypal.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files Attached Files

How many do you need? 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin
    How many do you need? 4 ?
    Yes, 4, sorry if that wasn't clear.

I would love to do this as a final project in my schooling. I pmed you!

If you have another drawing with all your dimensions on it I would be very interested in quoting this job for you.

Mike Stephens
    Master Machining

Detailed

Sure- detailed the drawing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am at work so I couldn't veiw the drawing (will look when I get home). I have about 2' of 6061 5.5 od, 3.5 id I would love to burn up some of it. I will send you a quote in the am.-Dave

Good job Larry!

Good job Larry - the parts look and fit great. Check is in the mail.

Thanks

Glad to here that the parts are what you wanted. Let me know if I can do anything else for you. Is this going on the car you are restoring?