586,119 active members*
3,635 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Looking for manuals for Fanuc MSG-500 for SL-253 (CAPT and Parameter)

Looking for manuals for Fanuc MSG-500 for SL-253 (CAPT and Parameter)

I have one manual FM-NLMSGCAPS-C0E titled 'AN INTRODUCTION TO CONVERSATIONAL AUTOMATIC PROGRAMMING'
    It has mostly simple examples using CAPT with MAPPS I panel (circa ~2000).
    The cover is green with a grey spine and it suits MSG-500, MSG-501 and MSG-803 controls.

That manual mentions another manual that I'm interested to read....
    'OPERATIONAL MANUAL FOR CONVERSATIONAL PROGRAMMING'
    This one covers all the details.

Anyone know where I can pick one up?

Also looking for the parameter manual for MSG-500 SL-253 if anyone can help.
    Thanks.

16i, 18i,21i, that's the parameter manual you need. Mine are all on cd. Way to big to email. I'll see if my caps programing manual covers the lathes or not. Pretty sure my electronic copy is for mills.

After some research it looks like my machine is either 16i-T or 18i-T. I dumped out the SRAM and it saved the file SRAM0_5A.FDB. According to another manual if the file is that name it is either 16i or 18i series.

I found a Fanuc manual called 'Descriptions Manual' (B-63002EN). Fanuc has multiple versions of their CAPS. One is called CAPS II. That's basically like the old FAPT using the same type of input. Then they have another called Super CAPi T which has input using machining types. There's also Symbolic CAP T which is a Windows 3.1 program and looks identical to PC FAPT (www.pcfapt.com) and there's also Manual Guide i which I heard is not very good.

It looks like the CAPS version with the MAPPS panel has been modified by Mori Seiki but is close to Super CAPi-T. There are some pics in the Fanuc 'Descriptions Manual' manual showing the programming methods but it looks nothing like my version. I couldn't find any reference to this version of CAPS that I have in any Fanuc manual?
    I think I need a Mori Seiki Automatic Programming manual which will hopefully have the CAPS parameters so I can get the automatically generated program to look like I want

Post Re: Looking for manuals for Fanuc MSG-500 for SL-253 (CAPT and Parameter)

Hi There,

i know this is an old post however i wanted to know if you still have the machine? i have the same machine SL253 with a 501 control. my machine crushed and i lost all the backups including the sram file. i wanted to know if i can get the backup from you?
    Please let me know. Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    After some research it looks like my machine is either 16i-T or 18i-T. I dumped out the SRAM and it saved the file SRAM0_5A.FDB. According to another manual if the file is that name it is either 16i or 18i series.

I found a Fanuc manual called 'Descriptions Manual' (B-63002EN). Fanuc has multiple versions of their CAPS. One is called CAPS II. That's basically like the old FAPT using the same type of input. Then they have another called Super CAPi T which has input using machining types. There's also Symbolic CAP T which is a Windows 3.1 program and looks identical to PC FAPT (CNC) and there's also Manual Guide i which I heard is not very good.

It looks like the CAPS version with the MAPPS panel has been modified by Mori Seiki but is close to Super CAPi-T. There are some pics in the Fanuc 'Descriptions Manual' manual showing the programming methods but it looks nothing like my version. I couldn't find any reference to this version of CAPS that I have in any Fanuc manual?
    I think I need a Mori Seiki Automatic Programming manual which will hopefully have the CAPS parameters so I can get the automatically generated program to look like I want