Still no major changes to my BigBamboo machine. It is going strong and doing what I need to get done. Instead a few pics and video of my latest woodworking related project:

The question of how to pick up and move full size plywood or mdf sheets comes up occasionally and obviously there are many home made and commercial solutions around like the tilting Rockler MaterialMate cart. However, most such contraptions still require lifting the sheet onto a ledge and some are limited in terms of height adjustability. Some are just very expensive. So, I set out to design my own cart that can pick up full size 4x8 or 5x5 sheets (even 1.5" thick) from the floor by a single operator and without undue effort. I designed it to use a dual linking rod mechanism that moves the table's center of gravity from an offset position while vertical to a centered position when horizontal. Right now it can be adjusted from 32" height to 38" but my next design iteration would be a larger height range. Material is mostly 3/4" phenolic clad baltic Birch, some 2x4 studs and 1/2" construction grade plywood. Of course....all parts cut out on the BigBamboo machine

Just to be on the safe side I submitted a patent application but I still need to find a commercial partner to get this produced and marketed.

See images below and the video (go to YouTube for a full screen video)... .