586,115 active members*
3,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Not showing Toolpath.

Not showing Toolpath.

Hello members,
    I'm having issues with bob cam when trying to computer a geometry. I'm a complete newbie at this so Sorry if I don't know the proper terminology. I enclosed a screen shot of what Part I'm making. What I want to do is Hollow the inner geometry to 0.3 inches. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bobcam.jpg  

It looks to me like you have a tool path already generated (the green lines)
    If you go to milling stock on the cam tree (left hand side) try right clicking milling stock and then click verify and see what you get.

The green one belongs to the Circle in the cam tree and the Heart shaped on belongs to the portal cube in the tree. Inner box is the one with the red geometry. but that doesn't compute. He's a screen shot with the other ones hidden. If it helps I imported the technical drawings from Auto cad not drawn on bob cam. It also says when you verify that there's no data to verify
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bobcam1.jpg  

Be sure that the tooling and steps you have selected fit into those smaller areas...

Bit I choose was 1/8 inch with cutting length of half in. The ledges are smaller than 1/8 That can be the cause of it I'll try to edit my drawings tomorrow and see if that caused the issue.

Yes make sure the tool will fit in the small ledges/slots. Try changing to a 1/16 tool to see. Also the geometry may be broken or have double line/arc's try using cleanup and optimize from the utilities menu. Just a guess but it may help. If you still have problems zip the file and post on here so we can have a look.

Well It was imported from Autocad. I checked with the Autocad Drawings and It seems to have no broken lines or Arc. I tried doing clean up but all I see is a blank window with a Cancel button. Unless there's a proper way of using those function. I enclosed the file so you guys can take a look at it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi I looked at your file it seems there are some small gaps in the geometry indicated by the red circles in my screen shot. you will have to zoom right in to see them. Use the extend/trim function to fix them and you should be fine. Also if you convert geometry like this to a contour it is much easier to select when doing a pocket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 5.18.23 AM.jpg  

I got it working how Thanks alot This is only the 3rd day into bob cam, I cleaned up some lines and were able to close the game now it shows the tool path that I wanted. This drawing was imported to Bob cam from ACAD. What do you mean by converting the geometry into contour making it easier to Pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech3312 View Post
    I got it working how Thanks alot This is only the 3rd day into bob cam, I cleaned up some lines and were able to close the game now it shows the tool path that I wanted. This drawing was imported to Bob cam from ACAD. What do you mean by converting the geometry into contour making it easier to Pocket?
    A contour makes it much easier to select the geometry for pocketing and you see breaks in the geometry straight away it also allows you to contol the direction and entry point if you use contours to finish the part.
    go to CAD/CAM Trainer - Powered by vBulletin join and download his video's for a real good tutorial on bobcad-cam.