Hi guys and Gals if there is any.

I am an absolute newbie to this forum and has no clue on how an induction furnace works.

History:I am an keen electronic hobbiest and like figuring stuff out by myself.If and IF induction furnace works in any way simular to radio technology then i understand why i did burn my hand years ago on an HF antennae putting out 900watts of RF.

Back to the present.I have build my own mig welder in the sense of getting hold of burnt out boards from a friend of mine who repair these devices(replacing faulty boards).Repairing these boards for myself and a month later i had my own 250Amp mig welder costing me less than 5 litres of petrol here in South Africa.At full blast with 1.2mm mig wire actually tripping a 40Amp circuit breaker(2X20amps).

Looking at the circuit of HVGuy at WWW.HVGuy.com the circuit on the mig welder looks pretty much the same with the exception of the work coil on HVGuy's circuit,the half bridge and the rectifiers on the mig welder board.

Question:Is it possible to convert such a welder to an induction furnace.Please all info will be regarded as valuable.What is the pros and cons converting such a circuit

My current invertor uses power mosfets but i do have a IGBT and the driver board with the controller.

Please guys let us share and keep the topic alive

Kind Regards

Maxtron