586,089 active members*
3,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dyna 3000 lathe software

Hello, just bought a dyna 3000 CNC mini lathe. Does anybody know if it is possible to connect this to a computer? RS232 ?

Thanx Johan

Hi!

For the bad news!

From what I know it is possible but difficult to use. The software is old, limitted, expensive and unique to DYNA. The controls are trouble prone and extremly expensive!

The good news, it is a very nice machine mechanically and is a good candidate for retrofiting to new controlls which allow inexpensive Mach3 and other software to run them.

My Uncle got a machine missing the controls and stepper motors and that is what he is planning to do.

If you dont succede and dont want to retrofit it, I could probably find you someone that would be pleased to purchase it for retrofiting.

wish you luck

Vili

for dyna 3000 rs232 cominication free of charge
    http://tturkyilmaz.home.anadolu.edu....om/DYNAENG.EXE

best regards

Would this work on the 2400 as well?

only dynamite 3000

I dont know if it is OK for other machine. You may try. Baudrate and others adjustments must be convenient.If there is a pasword for comminication between PC and machine the comminication will fail.
    Best regards.

telat

Thanks I am still in the investigative stage on understanding what is needed for file transfer.