586,062 active members*
4,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Source for Stepper Motor

I am wanting to add a cnc rotary table to my cnc Taig mill. I am trying to find a stepper motor with the correct connector that will fit my controller.

I have (I guess an older) connectors that are round and when you plug it into the control box there is a round ring that is on the motor connector that screws onto the control box to secure it.

Where can I find this setup?

Thanks,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ecope View Post
    I am wanting to add a cnc rotary table to my cnc Taig mill. I am trying to find a stepper motor with the correct connector that will fit my controller.

I have (I guess an older) connectors that are round and when you plug it into the control box there is a round ring that is on the motor connector that screws onto the control box to secure it.

Where can I find this setup?

Thanks,

Eric
    Want a real easy solution? Buy a Sherline cnc RT.

What you're describing sounds like a lot of military connectors, aka Cannon plugs or Amphenol connectors. There are several thousand variations out there.

PMDX has a nice pair of connectors for a reasonable price, http://www.pmdx.com/ConnectorsMisc.

Might be easier to replace the connectors on your box than to try and guess. On the other hand, contact the manufacturer of the control box and ask what the part number is. With part number in hand, there are several places which will either have the connector in hand, or can source it for you.

These places come to mind: Newark, Digikey. Certainly there are others which don't jump into my mind at this late hour.

Another which is a bit expensive, but has every connector known to man, is Electronic Connectors, in Chicago.

Tom

Please post a picture of the connector on your controller, then maybe someone can identify it.
    Jeff Birt

Your description of the connector sounds like it might be of the type commonly used as microphone connectors on amateur radio equipment. For example, does it look like this one:

http://www.philmore-datak.com/mc/Page%2054.pdf

Thats what it sounds like he has.

You dont need a motor with this connector. All though you might have to figure out a few things to get it hooked up. Those microphone connectors are what I used to wire my motors and you can get them at any Radio Shack or electronics store.

The stepper you just need to size to fit the job at hand. But you need to know what your controller is able to drive. The type driver card should be easy to find out and then you can buy a motor which fits within its ability, and one that will have enough power to run its intended job ( run a fouth axis in your case).

This is not hard. What controller did you get with your mill? Chances are others already know which driver it is using. Then what rotary table are you going to use? Again there are probably others that have used it and this will help guide which stepper to buy.

Jess
    GOD Bless, and prayers for all.