586,655 active members*
2,572 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > Anyone seen this machine before...?

Anyone seen this machine before...?

I was browsing Ebay and have seen this machine several times.

They make some huge claims and the auctions end below $9,000... for an industrial machine with "accuracy of .0001??" (see flyer at bottom of listing...

I have followed a few of the transactions and some things seem fishy...

Any thoughts or past experiences...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hi, Dave - long time no see.

I think that has to be an intentional typographical error. 9K is not going to get you .0001" accuracy on anything of that size.

I sent the guy a message asking to be put in contact with someone who has bought one of these. I may be interested in buying one instead of building my own for that kind of money.

I will post the results (if they happen).

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Before you buy...

... I am sending you what I have collected in the past few weeks... Interesting stuff. Check your PM.

Yeah, been busy the past few months... long story...

Dave

Funny how a machine with .0001 accuracy is only repeatable to .003 "Industrial" is different things to different people. For our shop an "industrial" router would be upwards of $100,000
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Well, if it's too good to be true...

... Ger21,

I could not agree more...

I have a "history" on this router, complete with screen shots and timeline... but it is 175K over the limit for an attachment....

If you want me to send you a copy, give me a location... makes interesting reading...

Good read, Dave. Glad to see you're back.

For the rest of you -

Question from eBay Member -- Respond Now
    Question from mxtras
    >Can you put me in touch with someone that has bought one of your machines?
    >I am seriously interested in making a purchase.
    >
    >Please do not SPAM my company E-mail address. Thank you.
    >
    >Scott Neil
    >MXtras, INC.

******this is the response******

Hi Scott,

You can call Portland Woodcraft for a reference. their number is
    207-233-0808. you can also check with ebay user Ameriban. you can look them
    up on ebay in community and then just ask them about us.

We do not send any unsolicited email at all.

Thanks!

I have not called, nor do I intend to after reading the report compiled by Dave. Good investigative reporting - thanks, Dave. Maybe you could summarize your investigation for the rest of the Zone.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

geesh guys

somebody post something the foreplay is killing me!
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Huh?

Can wood even be machined to .0001 accuracy?? I'm thinking that just daily humidity changes would make that impossible if nothing else.

I dont know jack $hit about cnc routers.. But wood is wood..

How many companies have you seen that would buy this kind of machine and had capabilities to measure .003, let alone .0001, especially over a 4' x 8' area.

If my tape measure had that many hash marks, it would be a black tape :withstupi

Okay... Scott

... I will try to either shrink the .doc attachment to 500K or condense it in some fashion...

Dave

Okay...

... let's try this:

I have split the Document into two parts; pages 1-4 and pages 5-8.

These pages follow a timeline on this CNC Router and many of the events that followed. I have emails from most of the "players" to back up what I say the told me. Common sense takes care of the rest.

Not in this document is an answer to the my question about the included software... "russ9698" told me it was type 3....

Addendum to "russ9686" last "sale"... 26 private bids and $8,600!

Private bids may be a good thing ( I doubt it...) but it stops you from seeing who is running up the bid.... unless you are the "seller".

If the manufacturer and the router are legit... I want 10 of them!
    But first... prove they are legit, explain the inconsistancies-inaccuracies of these transactions.

Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is DAMN good work Dave! Great to see people like you willing to take the time, not only to look into these dodgy dealings, but to let us all know about them too.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks...

... KONG,

I appreciate the kind words. As someone who wants to someday have a CNC of my own and struggles with the decision to either build or buy, thses type of deals look appealing... until you look a little deeper.

It makes me irritated that EBAY knows this is happening an dare not doing anything about it.

As I see it, what first time EBAYER would "buy" an $8,600 item the first day they are a member??! I didn't and I doubt many others have (automobiles excepted).

It appears that the router will be relisted and shilled up in price until a "mark" actually bids and then gets stuck... why else hide the bidders form everyone else? (because they do not want you to see the "pattern."

From the Legal Information Institute:

Caveat Emptor :nono:

"...Latin for "Let the buyer beware." The idea that buyers take responsibility for the condition of the items they purchase and should examine them before purchase. This is especially true for items that are not covered under a strict warranty."

Dave has left the room...

Hessss BACK!

... "russ9686" listed another mega routher and got 15 private bids within 17 hours.... and has the price up to $5,100!

... guess we know why all the other routers are not getting any action...

...the dude has some "skills?"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true