586,069 active members*
3,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Looking for alternative to PCNC 1100

Hi there,

Our small business is looking for CNC milling machine to perform prototyping + some small manufacturing general form Al but occasionally there can be some steal work. OK I was looking and analyzing all forums googled for some 4 weeks now. My first look was on Haas TM-1 (by the way we can buy only new machine) we talked to our local representative they purposed us the price of 23500 EUR without tool changer no tooling of course just "naked" machine and this price is just over our limit that we can afford. So it was my escape plan if I could not find any other real alternative. In the beginning it appeared that this is it no other machine in similar size could compete. But then I noticed that Tormach (smaller ir size) released ATC and PCNC 1100 just fits our needs with all the whistles ATC, duality lathe + 4th axis and a tooling from there deluxe package + shipping + duties is less than TM-1 and you can start working. So my main question is there any real alternative to PCNC 1100 with ATC? Or quit searching and go for it?

I have had my PCNC 1100 for 7 years and I love it. I added the 4th axis kit and it is great quality as well. I also bought the duality lathe, but have been disappointed. Not that Tormach misrepresented it or anything, but it is what it is, which is a small, flimsy lathe. I have seen the ATC in action and it is fantastic. I recommend everything except the duality lathe.