586,106 active members*
3,064 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Anybody happy with their machine?

Anybody happy with their machine?

Reading these forums is a great tool for identifying and solving problems. So, as a result, we mostly read of issues owners are experiencing. This might lead a prospective buyer to think all the machines are junk, toys, or both, and that an owner will spend more time fixing problems than making parts.

Just curious, is anybody really happy with their machines and are they making quality parts?

Thanks

Yes! And yes!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Good to hear that. I suspect there are a gazzilon guys just happily making chips instead of posting, which is as it should be. Earlier this year I bought a new truck and, before buying it, I read all the forum posts for GM, Ford, and Dodge. From the posts it seemed you needed a tow truck to get any one of them off the dealer's lot. Six months later and I'm still smiling.:wave:

John

I think its natural we always want more. There's a lot of options I wish I had but these are home machines on a budget and you do get what you pay for. Any machine will have issues and its easy to misinterpret all the problem posts. Rarely are these bashing machine, mostly they are user investigations into an encountered problem which is usually user error but still needs solved. I am very new so I always have a problem and usually is lack of proper use. My new x5 just had mechanical failure too, but this can happen to anything and Syil is sending new part no problem. I have been very happy with machine and service overall. Gets me excited like a kid just looking at it and goosebumps watching it work. It amazes me how responsive and fast it moves such tiny milling bits around!

Good to hear that too~~
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by JohnToner View Post
    Reading these forums is a great tool for identifying and solving problems. So, as a result, we mostly read of issues owners are experiencing. This might lead a prospective buyer to think all the machines are junk, toys, or both, and that an owner will spend more time fixing problems than making parts.

Just curious, is anybody really happy with their machines and are they making quality parts?

Thanks
    These are Chinese machines, which tells anyone exactly what they should expect. The real issue with Syil is that they have terrible customer service and they have made the mistake of dumping all of their problems off onto the dealers. This has led to the demise of the USA distributor and the Canadian as well, effectively killing their largest potential market. Their product is probably no worse than Tormach, but they lack the dedicated team who understands the consumer and can smooth over the issues that arise. Unfortunately, in China there are a lot of young people who have come to believe that the miracle of Chinese economy over the past 30 years is the product of their own cleverness. This creates an arrogant attitude of " take it or leave it", but if the west opts for the " leave it " option, China will be in a world of hurt.

Ok I'm requesting a quote for an X4 with powered draw bar and 4th axis. Am I wasting my time? I'm debating between the Syil X4 and an X3 + Promica

For the kind of money I'm spending, I don't want problems. Has anyone had personal experience buying these and from who? I hear the Canadian dealer is the way to go. One of the US dealers already dropped Syil due to design issues with the system and the lack of support from the factory.

Can someone please post their actual experience..

Quote Originally Posted by andyman View Post
    Ok I'm requesting a quote for an X4 with powered draw bar and 4th axis. Am I wasting my time? I'm debating between the Syil X4 and an X3 + Promica

For the kind of money I'm spending, I don't want problems. Has anyone had personal experience buying these and from who? I hear the Canadian dealer is the way to go. One of the US dealers already dropped Syil due to design issues with the system and the lack of support from the factory.

Can someone please post their actual experience..
    my canada dealer working very well,you can see them web have been updated..
    one of my US dealer right now in the plane to visit us from chicago.
    my oregen dealer also wait for us load shipment..
    i think you better call my dealer in your preson to find out how them service good...
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    my canada dealer working very well,you can see them web have been updated..
    According to posts on this forum, the Canadian dealer finally dumped the whole line after trying to sort out all the problems in his area as well as the guys from Oregon.
    one of my US dealer right now in the plane to visit us from chicago.
    Read between the lines means some guy is going on a trip to China and will visit the factory.
    my oregen dealer also wait for us load shipment..
    Another poster on here has access to import records and says that the Oregon guys have not bought anything in years. Also everyone who ever tried to contact them about service or sales were unsuccessful.
    i think you better call my dealer in your preson to find out how them service good...
    Good luck getting ahold of anyone.

For a story written by a customer, go to this thread

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vendor...xperience.html

Quote Originally Posted by digitalmdi View Post
    These are Chinese machines, which tells anyone exactly what they should expect. The real issue with Syil is that they have terrible customer service and they have made the mistake of dumping all of their problems off onto the dealers. This has led to the demise of the USA distributor and the Canadian as well, effectively killing their largest potential market. Their product is probably no worse than Tormach, but they lack the dedicated team who understands the consumer and can smooth over the issues that arise. Unfortunately, in China there are a lot of young people who have come to believe that the miracle of Chinese economy over the past 30 years is the product of their own cleverness. This creates an arrogant attitude of " take it or leave it", but if the west opts for the " leave it " option, China will be in a world of hurt.
    What BS. Just because a company has something manufactured off shore does not make it expected to be faulty or defective or incapable of doing its job. It is what the parent company does to support said machine manufactured in China that is the issue. How much actual oversight of the manufacturing and assembly process. You don't have to read long in this forum to see how Syil treats its customers. My Chinese manufactured mill of choice on the other hand gets excellent support by its company.

I had mechanical failure. I called dealer no problem usually and if no answer they call me back. We diagnosed machine over phone, they replaced part quickly, I was back running in 3 days. Unless you live next door you can't expect better than that.

What's not made in China you can afford? I like my X5, it works like a champ, runs all night while I sleep and dream up new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrija View Post
    What BS. Just because a company has something manufactured off shore does not make it expected to be faulty or defective or incapable of doing its job. It is what the parent company does to support said machine manufactured in China that is the issue. How much actual oversight of the manufacturing and assembly process. You don't have to read long in this forum to see how Syil treats its customers. My Chinese manufactured mill of choice on the other hand gets excellent support by its company.
    I think you need to read the other post more carefully-
    He made it clear that Syil's big failing is lack of customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by jdclark View Post
    I think you need to read the other post more carefully-
    He made it clear that Syil's big failing is lack of customer support.
    My issue was with the "Its a Chinese machine so what do you expect" part....

I love my X4! Living near the Canadian dealer was a deciding factor of purchasing it over other competitors. I wish it had more HP, RPM and work envelop. I grew out of this machine very fast and will be looking at a larger model in the near future. I highly recommend the enclosure!!!

Dennis

My issue was with the "Its a Chinese machine so what do you expect" part....
    If you had any experience with Chinese machines or have read through these forums, you would know that they all have certain common problems- loose or poorly fitted parts, dodgy electronics, assembly with swarf and or sand. etc. The key to making a succesful business out of these things is to offer solid customer supprt. There are only a few companies that have managed to survive in this business for any length of time.

I don't check into this forum much anymore (too many trollls unfortunately) but I just wanted to log in to add my satisfaction with my X4+. I've had it since 2008 at this stage and it continues to make money for me.
    I had one issue with a spindle board blowing but this was resolved quickly with a new board from Syil.
    Of course I could always do with a bigger and more powerful mill but couldn't we all. This is what I could afford and it works.

What bugs me about owning a Syil though is that the forum here is not much use. There are so many Syil bashers - many of whom don't even own a machine and many who just want to bash anything that is Chinese. I would say that there are a lot more people who own Syil machines that are very happy but they don't come on here.

Quote Originally Posted by jdclark View Post
    If you had any experience with Chinese machines or have read through these forums, you would know that they all have certain common problems- loose or poorly fitted parts, dodgy electronics, assembly with swarf and or sand. etc. The key to making a succesful business out of these things is to offer solid customer supprt. There are only a few companies that have managed to survive in this business for any length of time.
    I own a Tormach, and I have zero complaints..... Enough said.

I own a Tormach, and I have zero complaints..... Enough said.
    Exactly my point-
    Reading these forums, Tormach has had their fair share of quality control issues, but what puts them head and shoulders above Syil, Novakon, Smithy, IHC etc. is their level of post sales service.

anybody have a small machine shop that is located in or around the northeast? I'm looking for some parts to be made..

Syil X3 4axis machine working fine

To answer your question, I have a Syil x3 4 axis machine, works fine, does what it is programmed to do, every time I turn it on, have made hundreds of parts with it, no problem. Wish I could find a good conversational software package for it at a reasonable cost, though, as I am not very proficient at g code............. JC