586,036 active members*
3,663 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Fine Line Automation

Ordered A bunch O' stuff from them at the first of the month and its still not shipped according to their site. Ive seen other threads with the same issue and I was just hoping the owner, or someone with a more reliable contact, might see this post since they havent checked their email or PMs.

I hate that I have to go through this much trouble to get a hold of someone I paid so much money to.

Future buyers take not of this issue. Wish I would have known so I could have planned to wait from the beginning rather than checking their site everyday to see if its shipped. Its not like I can do much about it but whine and hope someone sees it.

Steve-O
    Check out my 8020 build
    http://stevetotheo.blogspot.com/

The phrase "patience is a virtue" is just a way of expressing the importance of being patient. A virtue is a trait or quality deemed to be morally excellent and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being. Patience can make us better people. The definition of the word is to tolerate delay implying self control and forbearance. When we say "patience is a virtue" we are exposing our moral values and expressing the importance of patience as a foundation of principle. So to answer the question patience is not a virtue until it truly becomes a virtue and knowing how diverse the spectrum of individualism is I'm sure patience is a vice(opposite of virtue) to some. Patience is a necessity for a happy existence and that is why the phrase is so often used.

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." Thomas Jefferson

These are things I learned a long time ago living in Mexico.....

And forever more EBC will be referred to as Master Yoda.

Thanks for the encouraging advice.

Steve
    Check out my 8020 build

Quote Originally Posted by EBC View Post
    The phrase "patience is a virtue" is just a way of expressing the importance of being patient. A virtue is a trait or quality deemed to be morally excellent and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being. Patience can make us better people. The definition of the word is to tolerate delay implying self control and forbearance. When we say "patience is a virtue" we are exposing our moral values and expressing the importance of patience as a foundation of principle. So to answer the question patience is not a virtue until it truly becomes a virtue and knowing how diverse the spectrum of individualism is I'm sure patience is a vice(opposite of virtue) to some. Patience is a necessity for a happy existence and that is why the phrase is so often used.

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." Thomas Jefferson

Perhaps patience would be a little easier to come by if this particular company would give a paying customer the courtesy of a reply.

There is a similar thread to this started at least once a month.

Keep us posted on you outcome, I too was about to order from them.
    Only virtue I care about is "Show me the parts".

Jus my opinion..
    Patience among very many other things are virtues
    But customer service should be much virtue than the rest..

Problems, delays and so on will happen sometimes.
    Respectable companies will inform the customer of problems and/or delays without the customer having to ask.
    If that happens to me, I wont do business with such a company again. Unless they have exceptionally good prices I might..
    Current build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/264838-new-machine-desing-quot-cnm13-quot.html

I was also getting ready to order from them I will wait or go some where else..

What about CNCrouterparts.com ?

All I can add is that I've had great service from CNCrouterparts.com. As I remember the bulk of FLA's products are from CNCRP.

That and I agree it's not fun when you are waiting for boxes of expensive bits. Hope you get them soon.

yeah I actually ordered the CNCrouterparts kit and the bolt kit from FLA. All in all I wish I would have not placed the order. I'm glad to see that the post is saving some the hassle of dealing with this. I'm in no hurry since its a personal project but it's still upsetting to have close to $500 tied up in this with no contact or product in sight.

Eventually Ill have to file a Paypal dispute if the parts don't show up. Id rather not go that direction because CRP doesn't carry the bolt kit, and it would take close to a month for Paypal to refund my money if FLA never replies to the dispute.....

WAIT!!!! As I was writing this post I checked the website and it says shipped. Maybe FLA got around to shipping it or saw this post.

Ill post back up when I get the parts but it took 7 business days for them to be put in the mail. Potential buyers take note and be prepared to wait.

Steve
    Check out my 8020 build

By all means I'm no fan of unresponsive businesses....but there was plenty of info on here about the general wait and somewhat hit or miss communication with fineline. It would certainly be nice if he could respond immediately to every email, but such is life.

I recently got an email from Nate explaining that his area got hit pretty hard by the recent hurricane and he was without power for several days. If you've seen any of the news about the north east coast area....that doesn't sound too far fetched. I really can't speak for whether or not Nate had an opportunity to better address your concerns.....but having only waited 7 business days and going about publically bashing a small business that has made a reasonable effort to express it's a only a one man show and part time at that just seems a bit harsh to me.

Quote Originally Posted by yackback View Post
    By all means I'm no fan of unresponsive businesses....but there was plenty of info on here about the general wait and somewhat hit or miss communication with fineline. It would certainly be nice if he could respond immediately to every email, but such is life.

I recently got an email from Nate explaining that his area got hit pretty hard by the recent hurricane and he was without power for several days. If you've seen any of the news about the north east coast area....that doesn't sound too far fetched. I really can't speak for whether or not Nate had an opportunity to better address your concerns.....but having only waited 7 business days and going about publically bashing a small business that has made a reasonable effort to express it's a only a one man show and part time at that just seems a bit harsh to me.

This ain't the first, and it ain't the worst, but it sure looks like a pattern. One email response, and this thread never gets started, nor do any of the others I've seen about the same problem.

I would throw all that patience crap out the window when it comes to customer service. Here in America, whenever you pay for a service, you should expect to receive the goods in a timely manner after payment.

It doesn't take but one or two minutes to reply to a paying customer. I would have more respect for someone who replies and says "It will be another 2 weeks" or "I haven't got the material in yet", or whatever as opposed to completely ignoring the paying customer.

Treat your customers right and they'll return the favor. I've recommended CNCRouterparts many times on here, as well as ger21's Mach 2010 screenset, and others recommend the SuperPID router speed controller.

It would probably be better if FLA stated that there is a 3-4 week lead time on his bigger items

I would throw all that patience crap out the window when it comes to customer service. Here in America, whenever you pay for a service, you should expect to receive the goods in a timely manner after payment.

It doesn't take but one or two minutes to reply to a paying customer. I would have more respect for someone who replies and says "It will be another 2 weeks" or "I haven't got the material in yet", or whatever as opposed to completely ignoring the paying customer.

Treat your customers right and they'll return the favor. I've recommended CNCRouterparts many times on here, as well as ger21's Mach 2010 screenset, and others recommend the SuperPID router speed controller.

It would probably be better if FLA stated that there is a 3-4 week lead time on his bigger items

it's nice to see people get upset when they cannot get what they want when they want it....

EBC, I think the problem is not so much about the delay itself, but about the seller *apparently* not seeming to care much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walky View Post
    EBC, I think the problem is not so much about the delay itself, but about the seller *apparently* not seeming to care much about it.
    de acuerdo!

de acuerdo!
    Excelente

Armonia

Hey! so before anyone goes off speaking in yet another language, Nate emailed me this morning and my parts arrived this afternoon. He shipped them out earlier this week. Here's what he had to say.

"Sorry for the delay. The past 2 weeks we have been dealing with the damage from Hurricane Irene and then major flooding last week. The shop as well as individual homes were flooded and we are finally done with the cleanup effort. I had to replace a computer and haven't had access to email all week.

Regards,

Nate"

I told him it was better late than never. A heads up in a timely manor would have averted this post, my hesitation to purchase from him again, and the general bad publicity hes going to get from people reading about this experience on here and my blog.

Hope its better going forward. Its important to note that he did ship the parts and was a stand up guy by at least emailing me at all. Ive still got a couple things I'm going to need to pick up so well see how that swings when I get there.

Thank you all for the words of support and listening to me vent.

Steve
    Check out my 8020 build

It's good to hear that! :cheers:

Great now I will place my order..

Page 1 of 2 12