586,082 active members*
3,777 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VTC-250D, Controls die

Hey guy
    everyonce and a while, the controls for my mazak go dead... in this case, did tool change, was using the hand wheel for about 5 min, turned it off and went to use it again and nothing, machine doesnt move at all, not in rapid, home, jog, handwheel, MDI, Auto... nothing.
    Looking at the Mitsubishi PLC servo drives, these are the sequence of what I assume are error codes, below are what I see on the LED screen when the machine is running normally...

far left drive - MDS-C1-V1-10 - F4/E7/F4/E7/OFF/REPEAT/etc.
    Runs with C1 in LED screen

middle drive - MDSC1V2-3520S - F1/E7/F2/E7/OFF/REPEAT/etc.
    Runs with d1/d2 in LED screen

right drive - MDS-C1-V1-45S - F3/E7/F3/E7/OFF/REPEAT/etc.
    runs with d3 in LED screen

spindle drive - MDS-CA-SP-300 - F5/E7/F5/E7/OFF/REPEAT/etc.
    Runs with C5 in LED screen

Any insight as to what my machine is "doing" or what i may be doing to cause my drives to stop working and show error codes, would be much appreciated..

could it be the batteries?

It does it every now and then, boss claiming it never happened to him when he was running the machine, so im not sure what exactly is going on...
    The only way to clear it is to shut the machine off, home it, and resume working, but as far as im concerned i shouldn't have to...

thanks guy

Also if its anything, it also has 4th axis..

Handwheel maybe problem

We had this issue on 2 of these machines. We found that when you put the remote handwheel back on the machine the magents cause it to slap on causing a partial e-stop. To correct this press the e-stop on the remote hand wheel and reset it. Then hold MF1 and reset at the same time till the machine comes out of e-stop. We had both of the remote hand wheels replaced and still the same problem. Just got to be gental putting the remote back on the machine.

re

Thanks!
    I had looked up the error codes for the Servo drives in the Mitsubishi site, and said majority of them have to do with being in an "emergency state" which i assume had something to do with the POS E-Stop on the handwheel... I was gunna try hitting the E-stop then reset and such next time i did it, but I appreciate the input! thanks again! figured I wasnt the first on here for it to happen to haha