586,100 active members*
3,115 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Setting Technology for materials

Setting Technology for materials

Hi,

I am looking to setup technology in Edgecam so that when I select 'Options, Select Technology', I can pick the material that I wish to use and when selecting a tool/cycle the correct cutting data is pulled through.

I have found a way to set this up by creating the materials in the Technology assistant and then from the Technology tab in each tool applying data to each material.

The problem is that it is a very labour intensive process, as I have 20 different materials which need populating on about 100 tools. Also, if you decide to change your cutting parameters you will have to go through each tool individually.

I know that you can relate inserts to materials in the Technology assistant but I dont see how this method would work for what I am trying to achieve.

If anyone has a quicker, more efficient way to select materials in Edgecam I would be delighted to know how.

Cheers

The best method is to add your materials & cutting tool grades (insert) to the database, set the relational lookup cutting values, and then link tools to the appropriate "insert".

Refer to the set of 3 tutorials on Technology Assistant that are installed with Edgecam. You can find these by opening Edgecam, then go to the Help menu and select "Tutorials".

There are also brief tech tip videos on Edgecam Technology Assistant posted online. M2 Technologis :: Events - On-Demand Webinars