586,708 active members*
2,542 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

servo bar 300 Setup Probs

Hi all, hope someone can help.

I have a SL10 and servo bar 300, acquired them 2nd hand and had them serviced by our HFO. We have not had any real use for the barfeed up until now and suddenly we are hitting brick walls.

We are machining dia 18mm polymer material in lengths of 1015mm

I have checked the parameters in the barfeeds manual and compared to the parameters on the machine, they correspond.

I am following the following advice:

1. Enter barfeed macro variables on current commands (3100, 3101, 3102)

2. Place bar on charging tray

3. In MDI, enter g105 Q4 (remember to close chuck) and press cycle start. This will load bar, push into drawtube up to about 100mm from cutting area.

4. Press reset to enable using jog handle.

5. Select V+Handjog. Jog to selected reference position

6. Clamp

7. In MDI, enter G105 Q2 and press cycle start. Machine will enter variable 3112.

My problem is that when I do step 3, the machine clears load area (moves forward), moves back to V0 (right at the back), loads bar, moves forward (towards chuck), starts to inch forward right to the end of travel. I get an alarm that states: "servo bar out of bars" to that effect anyways. It does not return and load the pushrod for properly pushing the bar to the chuck. Why?

If I press reset before the "carrier" comes to end of travel, I get a "please wait message".

What am I doing wrong?
    What should I do differently?
    What else can I do for troubleshooting this?

Thank you all

Any takers?

Did you calibrate the barfeeder with G105 Q5?

If it has been calibrated, the switch in the V channel may be bad or out of alignment.
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Quote Originally Posted by KenFoulks View Post
    Did you calibrate the barfeeder with G105 Q5?

If it has been calibrated, the switch in the V channel may be bad or out of alignment.
    +1

Download the manual from the Haas website if you don't have it and follow the instructions for setting up the machine and calibration.

Good luck!

I'll check with the Artisan that has done the setup thus far, actually I must start from scratch. I stepped in and started troubleshooting when he took two days for the setup. Nowadays I am so busy with admin, reps and customers, I never get into the thick of things. Thanks to everyone, I'll try G105 Q5,but unfortunately only on Friday again.

Keep you posted on Friday

Found out what was wrong!!!!!!:banana::banana:

Where is the "SOLVED" button.

Have not been able to run it, but it will definately be the culprit. The proxy and the proxy "cam" has had some modifications. Will post pics when I'm at home. I was quite puzzled why no one else with polymer materials struggled and I was.....

Pics to follow

This is how our feedramp and proxy setup looks like:

Can anyone spot the missing parts? Gues?

Mods have been made, dunno if it was here at our company or maybe prior to us buying the barfeeder. I realised this when I spoke to Adriaan at HFO in SA and he said something to the likes of ". . . when the bar gets pushed off the plate . . .". suddenly all the gears in my head ground into action and I went to my scrounge. After half an hour of searching through bolts, milling cutters, juck jaws and devil knows what, I found this. Thanks for all the input. BTW, proxy picked up all the steel parts, but no polymers.

why not install an oem roller switch instead of the proxy switch?