587,002 active members*
2,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Locating Hobbyist friendly fasteners supplier in CANADA

Locating Hobbyist friendly fasteners supplier in CANADA

After extensive internet search and personal visits to all local stores I found I still don't have a proper supplier for fasteners which is hobbyist friendly. What I mean is: very often I need one screw of some size. I wouldn't mind buying 10 but not 100.

So guys, where do you buy fasteners in small quantities in CANADA and in particular the Toronto area?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try McMaster-Carr

as for hobbyist, do you mean really small diameter, fine thread, threaded rod?

Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Princess Auto.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

TSE stores, Mcmaster car doesn't ship to Canada, but small parts.com does. I use small parts a lot and get 2 day shipping free.

There's a thread somewhere on here about McMaster carr suppliers in Canada

acklands grainer and and fastenal ,
    both are close to me but i deal with acklands more , i'm sure both of them would be in your area . if you go to fastenal then look for the happier person because that will be the difference between getting stuff at a higher or lower price , generally their stuff is pricey , i had a guy at fastenal give me a good deal on an acme screw so i went back 2 weeks later for another and the next guy tried to charge me double , its the kind of place you got to be prepared to walk away from (and spit on the floor on the way out)
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Quote Originally Posted by djr76 View Post
    Try McMaster-Carr

as for hobbyist, do you mean really small diameter, fine thread, threaded rod?
    Well, in the context of this posting "hobbyist" mean "no need for industrial quantities"

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    acklands grainer and and fastenal ,
    both are close to me but i deal with acklands more , i'm sure both of them would be in your area . if you go to fastenal then look for the happier person because that will be the difference between getting stuff at a higher or lower price , generally their stuff is pricey , i had a guy at fastenal give me a good deal on an acme screw so i went back 2 weeks later for another and the next guy tried to charge me double , its the kind of place you got to be prepared to walk away from (and spit on the floor on the way out)
    Thanks.
    I opened account in Fastenal but even I pick up the order in the local store they charge me for shipping.
    Acklands doesn't seem to sell in small quantities either, but I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Princess Auto.
    Al.
    Yes, I know. It depends what you need and prices are ridiculous. Last time I needed some metric hex socket screws and found them in Canadian Tire only for about $1 each. I thought they were made from gold and would be to soft for my application but it turns out it was just steel ;-) so I bought few.

Thanks,

I buy nuts and bolts at TSE (Tractor Supply Store).
    They have them in bulk and sell by the pound so you can mix and match. When they are on sale I stock up on common sizes.
    They also have larger selection of oddball items than CTC or Home Depot.

George