586,100 active members*
2,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Is Wecim working for you?

I'd like some input from experienced Wecim users. Are you happy with it? Have any of you compared it with other nesting software?
    User friendly?
    Good results?
    Any dissatisfied users?

Toko,

I have been using We-cim software for the last 6 years with my Dynatorch machine. I bought it as a package with the cutting shop software. It has worked very well for me. It has paid for its self many times over. The combination together is a powerful package. I compared it to the MTC software and found it to be much more bang for the buck. The Arbor Image cutting shop software included with We-cim is $1,195 alone if you were to purchase it outside of the We-cim package.

The support from We-cim is top notch as well. Just today I upgraded to the 19 series version. Gary @ We-cim took control of my computer (via the internet) installed the software upgrade for me and gave me a tour of the new features. Who gives support like that in this day and age?

I would down load the We-cim / Cutting shop links on the Dynatorch site. They will give you a good tour of the software.

DynatorchHome
    http://www.arborimage.com/prices.htm

Magma-joe

Magma-Joe,
    How in depth did you try MTC software? What didn't you like about it? We have WeCim and a dynatorch machine. That's why I'm asking because we are struggling quite a bit to get good results. We do a lot of large pie shaped pieces and also simple gussets. We cannot get good nesting results automatically at all on those type of parts. On the smaller stuff we have to manually place two together and then nest and even then we waste some material. Gary has been great but I think even he hasn't been able to help with this problem..
    Now we are trying a demo of MTC's turbonest and it did those same parts EXCACTLY like we wanted! if anything manual is needed it is far more user friendly than WEcim. And that is after only a few minutes of use. But the price is high!
    What type of parts are you working with?
    I'd like to hear from more of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Toko View Post
    Magma-Joe,
    How in depth did you try MTC software? What didn't you like about it? We have WeCim and a dynatorch machine. That's why I'm asking because we are struggling quite a bit to get good results. We do a lot of large pie shaped pieces and also simple gussets. We cannot get good nesting results automatically at all on those type of parts. On the smaller stuff we have to manually place two together and then nest and even then we waste some material. Gary has been great but I think even he hasn't been able to help with this problem..
    Now we are trying a demo of MTC's turbonest and it did those same parts EXCACTLY like we wanted! if anything manual is needed it is far more user friendly than WEcim. And that is after only a few minutes of use. But the price is high!
    What type of parts are you working with?
    I'd like to hear from more of you!
    We do lots of odd shapes. If you would like, send me a file and sheet size (mm2 if possible with the leads you like) and I can nest it for you to look at and try. We usually try a "bump" if it looks like a loose nest, or try force grid to squeeze more parts.

Do the online training with Gary, let him work it and watch him. You will have those "oh" moments LOL.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

here it is for anybody to try. I'd like to fill a 48 x 96 inch plate 1/4 inch thick.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Toko, sent you a PM

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com