586,111 active members*
3,260 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > For Sale: X2 fixture plate. $400 + shipping.

For Sale: X2 fixture plate. $400 + shipping.

Hopefully it's OK to post an ad here. I don't remember any rules against it.

This is one of the last pieces I made for my X2 before I sold it. I don't have a use for it anymore, so maybe somebody else can put it to work.

Please note, my X2 had extended X and Y travels. This plate won't fit a stock X2, as it overhangs to the table to the rear and would collide with the column. You'll have to make your own measurements.

The plate is made of 1/2" steel, and measures 8" x 20.625" x 0.5".

The plate was was surface ground, machined, and then reground after machining to account for any relieving of the surface.

All edges and holes are chamfered 45 degrees.
    The holes were drilled and tapped on a Haas VF-2 with repeatable tapping. This means that the holes are very accurately located on 1" centers, and that each thread starts at the exact same orientation. That might be useful someday.

In addition to the grid of holes, there is a center hole that has a larger 60 degree chamfer. You can create a part with a matching taper, which will repeatably seat in this hole for fixture and measurement purposes.

On each end of the plate are four tapped holes that match the Sherline rotary table's vertical bracket. Also included is a spacer block that will lift the rotary table up so that the stepper will clear the fixture plate.

The six large holes are for mounting the plate to the mill using the provided bolts and your existing T nuts. The large countersinks place the bolt heads below the surface of the plate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fixture Plate 1.jpg   Fixture Plate 2.jpg  

Re: For Sale: X2 fixture plate. $400 + shipping.

Bump. This is still in my garage and available for sale. Price reduced to $300 + shipping.