586,100 active members*
2,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

p cool question

would a brand new p cool unit work on an 2002 machine. I could get one for $300 but Im not sure if it would work or if i need any boards inside the control to add this??
    [email protected]
    www.hessemachine.com

I dont see why it wouldnt, you would have to have the option turned on, or the board installed if it has one.
    I believe they are the same position and worht the same as well.

Delw

the machine has never had pcool. I was wondering if there is a board that goes with this?? I have a service manual and have looked throught it for the last few Hrs and can't find any specifics on the p cool. any one installed there own before?
    [email protected]
    www.hessemachine.com

Do you have the model & serial number of the machine?

You don't need a spare board for this option, you do need to purchase a cable that runs from the I/o board to the spindle head area. You can get this cable from your local HFO.

There is a cable that runs out of the p cool unit that is a square 4 pin plug ,do i need another cable? the circuit board is a 5 pin in line connnection marked P35. the cable is marked 200 just like the service manual shows it should be but the plug end is different. the manual shows P35 as the location for the p cool to plug in. am i missing something?
    thanks for any help.
    Mike
    [email protected]
    www.hessemachine.com

Just to update this.
    I am getting a cable thet runs from the I/O board that is a 5 pin cable on the I/O board end and a 4 pin square plug that the P cool unit plugs into. also a bracket for the p cool unit. cable was $35 and the bracket was $15. i should get them late next week. Also just need to turn on one parameter and adjust one for the number of positions. The HFO rep told me that the new units are replacements for the old units, just need to adjust the parameter to 34 positions. so to answer my own question, yes a 2011 pcool works on the 2002 mini mill.

Thanks
    Mike
    [email protected]
    www.hessemachine.com

hello, We opted for the spider-cool unit that DCi in conn is selling. $2800. installed. it has a occillating feature that is great for drilling. tool life has grown by 50%