586,688 active members*
2,147 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 21i-MB DNC

Hi,
    I have been trying for the last two weeks to find a way to DNC on a Kira machine with Fanuc 21i-MB control,it has no RMT or TAPE switch nor does DNC appear anywhere in the menu.I cannot DNC from card as no such option is presented so I have built a full pinout cable and have been able to transfer programs both ways but i'm unable to activate RMT mode to drip-feed.
    Is there a way to enable RMT through parameters?or anyway to dnc?
    Please help!

Try searching for DNC or Drip Feed on these forums and read all the posts.

Another option is to use some third party software.....
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/gibbsc..._cnc_mill.html

But why drip feed? Can't you just put the program in memory and run it?

It will be a machine bulder keep relay. You should have a option button on
    the control that takes you to a different screen that the machine builder adds to the fanuc. On mori's, it would have ATC recovery and APC recovery.

DNC

Hi,
    I can't just run the program as it is several times bigger than the memory
    i figured out that this is related to the machine builder and after reading through the forums i found parameter G127.5 which should be what i am looking for.
    The problem is that i don't know if i can enable this as a PMC parameter or through the ladder....Does anyone know how can this be done?
    Thank you for your help!

Does the control have a key down at the bottom right that says option?

No...

Set the parameter umber 101 #7 111#7 or 121 #7 to 1 this parameter will improve the Memory Efficiency. (These are parameters NFD)

what type control

Quote Originally Posted by rhadoo_io View Post
    Hi,
    I can't just run the program as it is several times bigger than the memory
    i figured out that this is related to the machine builder and after reading through the forums i found parameter G127.5 which should be what i am looking for.
    The problem is that i don't know if i can enable this as a PMC parameter or through the ladder....Does anyone know how can this be done?
    Thank you for your help!
    what type control

erm.... it states in the first post.... Fanuc 21i-M Model B

anyway, you should be able to change the PMC parameter. In MDI turn on Parameter Write Enable first.
    Go to PARAM then PMC then depending on control specifics there should be something like PMCPRM. Press that then go to D-Data then G-DATA. cursor down to G127 then across to bit 5.
    Bit 5 is 00x00000 (marked with X). It will probably be 0 so make it 1 or if it's 1 make it 0.
    since you are dealing with machine-specific settings you are mostly on your own as to whether it works or not. If there's no change put it back to whatever it was and look for more info.

Re: Fanuc 21i-MB DNC

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    erm.... it states in the first post.... Fanuc 21i-M Model B

anyway, you should be able to change the PMC parameter. In MDI turn on Parameter Write Enable first.
    Go to PARAM then PMC then depending on control specifics there should be something like PMCPRM. Press that then go to D-Data then G-DATA. cursor down to G127 then across to bit 5.
    Bit 5 is 00x00000 (marked with X). It will probably be 0 so make it 1 or if it's 1 make it 0.
    since you are dealing with machine-specific settings you are mostly on your own as to whether it works or not. If there's no change put it back to whatever it was and look for more info.
    You can connect a selector switch in the front panel, one cable is 24V the signal must be connected to X577 terminal, this terminar are available inside of the user panel, this configuration is for FANUC 21i-M.