586,082 active members*
3,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 4.3 released

Page 1 of 3 123

4.3 released

Got some extra info about the 4.3 release.
    Always climb milling in last step of contouring (smooth contour surfaces), better linking of Z-steps, smooth cornering is now even smoother, more dialog/functions in remachining.

Me like.

You gotta love the coloured display when simulating. Just remember to set the colour and save it when choosing your tools.

The contoured re-machining is going to be very useful too.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Svenakela,

The guys here are asking what's new in 4.3. Some things are obvious (as mentioned above), but I wonder if there is a comprehensive list available? I know which items that I was working on with Joakim, but I'm sure I'm not the only one giving suggestions and feedback. There is probably functionality added that I'm not aware of, but could prove useful.

Do you have a list like that? If not, I'll see if Joakim does.

Thanks,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It would be scary if Joakim didn't have it. Don't you think?
    I don't have a complete list, I could ask for it though. I know there are a bunch of fixes as well, these are written on the blog:
    Bug fixes :

Planar contour re-machining:
    The toolpath wasn't smooth in some cases. This is fixed now.
    Small cutters on large parts:
    It was a problem in some cases when using very small cutters on relatively large parts.
    This is fixed now.

I saw those comments on the blog, but that's 10 months old!

Joakim is going to update his web-site very soon with more information on 4.3. Then he is going to devote all his attention to version 5. Can't wait to see that!

Dan

I'll call him tomorrow.

Joakim knows about this thread, but he's busy coding next generation. That's my kind of prioritizing.

Watch for another release of 4.3 any time now. There were a couple of issues that popped up and Joakim is fixing them.

Dan

There is an Oct 20th release available now.

thanks for the heads-up on this. I'll probably upgrade from the 4.3 Beta version to official release code this coming weekend

all the best,

R

seamless 'upgrade' from 4.3 Beta version to 4.3 GA

all the best,

R

Here is another reason for upgrading to 4.3: holder collision check in the simulation. From the madCAM website:

Tool holder collision (When simulating 3-axis with Entry Level, Four-axis or Expert Level)
    Tool holder collision is shown in the simulator now. If setting the toolholder diameter for the saved cutter, the chuck collision will show in red color if colliding with material.
    Take a look at the attachments. I intentionally created a large diameter holder with a short tool.

Thanks,

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic 1.png   pic 2.png  

Is naaayce.

There's a service release now, some corrections made.

The simulation now has a status bar for the times when you use "Next toolpath". Previously, if your toolpath was quite lengthy, the simulation appeared to freeze up, and Windows would give you the "Not responding" note. Now you know something is happening.

This is what's new in madCAM 4.3 2011-11-10.

Several minor bug fixes for 4 and 5 axis. Better linking and safe clearance checking.
    Bug fix for the 4-axis roughing when selecting a cylinder as stock material.
    Improvements of the pencil tracing when using flat cutters and corner end cutters.
    Multi threading for planar finishing also for X and Y direction. madCAM is now able to use 4 calculation threads that will calculate faster on dual and quad core processors.
    New progress bar for the simulator when clicking on the "Next Toolpath" button.
    New *FEED_SCALE* variable for the post processor.
    New madCAM toolbar. The subroutines from the Rhino script is only used when right-clicking on the "Select model" and "Post process" button. (You can still modify your own toolbar and use the script if you like)

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic 1.png  

Thats great to hear about Madcam and the discussion between two moderators.. Keep it up guys keep improving the software that all become MAD.
    Regards
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

I'm not much of a moderator. I should have been fired a long time ago!

For the reasons You are not fired Dan... You are the chosen One.. I am watching you since i joined this forum.. By the way i am amazed if their is possibility of High speed machining like trochoidal or something smart like Volumill having...
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Well, madCAM 5 is being written right now, so this is probably a great time to mention it. Maybe something like a troichoidal roughing path would be a good place to start?

Page 1 of 3 123