586,440 active members*
4,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Machine won't boot....

Machine won't boot....

1997 xt15....was adjusting the monitor brightness and it went blank. Restarted the machine but no luck. Its hard to do much of anything but I can jog the machine. The spindle will not come on when shift/spindle is pressed and I can't get a read on anything else because of no monitor. The axis do seem to reset and home at the power-up. Where do I go from here? Neal?

Video

HI !

Probably it is just the monitor which doesnt work. Maybe the resistor that you adjusted broke or something. cose if you can jog i should mean you are good.

Put your hand to monitor"s face if there is a static charge the HIGH voltage is OK.
    Check the neck of the monitor's tube (powered on) at the neck (the end where the pins are) is should glow a bit (amber /orange). This means the heating is OK.

If it does, maybe the video signal is not present - check black koax cable.

If nothig is missing but no pic you should try a monitor with coax input. Still no pic then video panel is broken.

AKOS
    FADAL VMC4020 HT 1995, Z 28" (if true) , 88HS , 10K rmp , 21 TC geneva /rotary/ , VH-65 (A-axis) ,3ph 400V , metric, NO conveyor, No palette. (+alternative DC AMP)

Thanks..I'll try some more tests today.

I would agree that first suspect would be the monitor or its conntections.

Neal

hmmm

Neal, I actually had turned the v-adj pot by mistake, although I turned it back to the original position with no luck. The strange thing is that after I tried a restart a few times with no success, the guys came in the next day and turned it on....no problem. The machine came right up including the monitor. Strange. Can you tell me where the brightness adj is on the monitor? It was turned down a few years ago, but I can use a little more brightness now.

Boy, that's a hard question. There were so many different monitors used. One has the pots on the left brace (viewed from the rear) and others had the pots on the PCB directly under the rear of the CRT. If it is a color LCD then you need an external adjustment PCB that plug in.
    You might call Doug H. at Maintenance Technologies. He can help you ID which monitor you have and where the adjustments should be. (818 727-2100)
    Neal