586,321 active members*
3,757 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > How to get customer service from Haas
Page 1 of 2 12

How to get customer service from Haas

I posted on here back in April about how I could not get any kind of good customer service from Haas on getting a simple install of our machine here in St.Louis. Since then We have literly had to beg and plead with them to get anything from them. Yes they have helped us with a couple issues, but it has been like pulling teeth to get them to help and then it is weeks later before they do it. Currently I have contacted them multiple times about spending money with them and adding thru spindle coolant to our current maching. On this matter I have contacted everyone up the food chain at our local outlet (which is 2 miles down the street) multiple times since June 28th and still have been told yes it can be done and we will be getting you a quote. Well it is almost October and still nothing. We have had some surface finish issues and finally got them in our shop to check it out and they even took a program with them to try on another machine and said they would get back to us and it has been a couple weeks since and we have heard nothing. This could just be our local factory outlet in St. Louis I don't know, but in all my years of dealing with companies in a work related deal I have never expeirenced anything like this poor service. HOW DO YOU GUYS WITH HAAS MACHINES RUN A PRODUCTIVE BUSINESS THRU YOUR HAAS MACHINE? We have 4 Okuma machines and you can't ask for better support.

From what I hear, this is not the norm as far as local HFO's go.

I would venture to say there is more to this story, but if you are not satisfied with your local dealer, you can call Haas in Oxnard and see if there is anything they can help with.

Good luck.

BTW, there are many smart people here on this forum so you may want to post some specific questions you may have.

If there is more to the story I would love to hear it. At least that would be somekind of feedback. The problem is we are looking at adding another mill, and lathe over the next year and there is absolutley no way we could even consider a Haas right now.

You get what you pay for. That said, I have never really had a problem with Haas of Dallas. I suspect your problem is an isolated problem at a local level. When you go to your well and it is dry, do you keep going back to the same well? First step is to retain an attorney and have them send a letter to the local dealer and copy to Haas main office. Second, contact the next closest dealer and have them come and address any issues. If the next closest dealer refuses, refer to the Haas main office, disconnect the machine, load it on transport, and send it to Haas, have the attorney file the appropriate court documents, and if financed, stop payment immediately and let the finance company deal with Hass who now has possession of the machine.

If you feel you were duped by advertising or a salesman into thinking a Haas machine would perform like an Okuma or that service would be as good as an Okuma dealer, then have your attorney address that also with a law suit that includes damages.

Your local HFO has a big part of this. Here in Denver, my local HFO is wonderful - I only have one machine and they have helped me with multiple issues with same day response, including onsite upgrades, a service call for a squeeky belt, and training on a cold day before the shop heater was running. I couldn't ask for better service.

Mine here in Tampa Florida is good to. Even their choice in caterer at demo days is great. Mmm free baby back ribs, nice. Also service guy, Norm, here in Miami is awesome. Even gave me his cell after a job as a "just in case", so no complaints there either.

Well from what I am hearing from all on here it seems as if we have a local factory outlet issue here in St. Louis. It is ashame because they are right down the street. I would love to get the type of service most on here say they have. It sure does ease the stress level of scheduling jobs thru a machine when you know you can count on support if a problem occurs. I have no problem going with a outside outlet cent, but for a quick service call that really won't help if they have a long travel to get here. I would think outside outlet centers are also going to have an issue traveling here to do work when we have an outlet center 2 miles from our shop.

Most of your assumptions are probably correct. But it seems you have not made the phone calls to actually ask, "What are you going to do to fix this problem?" I have found that a company such as Haas when confronted directly will actually do something. That something might even include flying a tech in from another location. I am in Dallas, Texas. When requesting service for a Maho 5 axis mill, the tech that arrived might come from Michigan or Florida.

Yes, I believe you have an isolated problem. Here in Colorado HAAS is superb with support for our machines but consider that we have about 15 HAAS machines and they would be stupid to ignore such a profitable relationship! Sorry, good luck.

If they are just down the street, maybe a visit to the dealer might give better results. Speak with the service manager and politely discuss some of the issues you are having.

Face to face conversations can often yield greater results than a phone call or e-mail.

If that get's you no where, then I guess it is time to call the Okuma sales office then.

Good luck.

Funny
    I just bought a new machine and it was supposed to be delivered on the 13th, call on monday the 12th and whoa what'a you know Haas sold it to someone else. The salesman knew about it but did not tell me until I called as I did not get my 24 window call for delivery. Then top it off with a rigging bill to buy one off their floor after demo day, $1k bill for expediting shipping, because they did not ship my rotary tables either. Needless to say I told the sales guy exactly how I felt and he is not allowed in the shop any more, and since I need another 2 machine here shortly, I believe brother will be receiving a call from me. I only have to call my HFO to get a new coolant hose for this machine since the one on it is leaking all over the floor. Nice warranty call and the machine has been on the floor for a week.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla. Shame on haas! Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble. Bla bla bla? Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble. Bla rabble rabble? Bla bla bla bla bla. Bla rabble rabble Bla.

These threads all end up sounding the same.

@double a - True. Now the question becomes, what is Haas doing to keep this from happening?

The only "problem" I ever have with my local Haas dealer is when they want to charge me for service and not give it for free.

I am not blaming Haas itself, But mostly the sales man and the Service guy that even came out and told me they would fix the memory on the VM and the machines would be here. Until you are in a position the you have to have something then they promise you and fail in every way to fulfill their obligation they made. If I did that to my customers they would walk away which I am fully prepared to replace all the haas machines in my shop with competitors units. This last machine was not about price, it was about delivery and they knew that. I put everything on the line with this and am now having to work with some close acquaintances to shuffle off work to meet dead lines. Yeah no big deal, sounds the same. It is my business they are screwing up and Lance Co could git a rats ass. Well same to you. I will buy my water jet from someone else as well as the additional machine I will need to put on the floor.

See there you go. The American way. If your not happy, go some place else. Now lets find a way to stop these reputable companys, that have been in business for a long time, and have strong and loyal customer bases from singling out 1 person and choosing to ruin their life. I mean, they must have teams of people working on this for years. For all we know this person is chosen at birth to, at some point in his or her future, have their life ruined. The costs and resources required for such a task must be staggering. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by double a-ron View Post
    See there you go. The American way. If your not happy, go some place else. Now lets find a way to stop these reputable companys, that have been in business for a long time, and have strong and loyal customer bases from singling out 1 person and choosing to ruin their life. I mean, they must have teams of people working on this for years. For all we know this person is chosen at birth to, at some point in his or her future, have their life ruined. The costs and resources required for such a task must be staggering. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble.
    I still want my free service!

You sound just like my sales man! It has nothing to do with stopping the company it has to do with helping them better their company by not screwing people. You really don't get it. If they would have been honest and said hey you cant get it for 3 weeks I would have been fine with that and went with the Brother from the get go. Then I would have still gone back to them for other equipment even dare i saw another Haas. Now I may add another Haas in the future still but it wont be from them. It is all about service.

Quote Originally Posted by double a-ron View Post

Double a -ron You just need to run along to another thread. You have had nothing constructive to say or help. This thread was started to get some advice and see what kind of service others are getting not going into this rambling that you have brought to it.

Thanks,

First of all, I'm overweight, so I'm not running anywhere. Second, my point is this; none of these "fcuk haas" threads ever go anywhere or get anything done. They also all sound the same. If you don't believe me, go through the archives.

Have I had my fair share of problems dealing with haas? Of course I have but, I don't try and solve those problems by starting one of these threads. I pick up the phone, and call haas, and I keep calling until the problem is resolved. Believe me, Gene Haas wants you to buy a Haas. He wants you as a customer. He wants that Okuma money in HIS pocket. Everything about Haas is about making money(some of those things really piss me off, cough, core charge on everything, cough). If something is preventing that from happening, he wants you to call Oxnard and let them know. None of the people here can help with the problems that spawn these threads.

This place is for simple problems like help with programming, or maintenance, ideas on how to run a job, or troubleshooting a problem with the machine itself.

Our haas dealer is fine. They have called several times to install our new machine, although I tore it apart . It's most likely the salesman, a lot of them are no different than a car salesman. In fact, I have never even met my salesman, email me a quote, place order, done with him. When I worked for a couple machine distributors here, we had a couple sales guys that would promise lead-times that were not possible, just so they didn't loose an order. Seen other machines sold to one guy, then re-routed to another shop cause they were a bigger customer. The two companies I deal with now seem to be pretty on top of everything, seems like your dealer is still selling like they used to in the90s .

Page 1 of 2 12