586,108 active members*
3,108 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbie advice concerning DNC

Hi,

In our shop we are considering upgrading our 1982 Acrolocs (2 of them) with DNC and BTR capability. I have been doing research on the internet and have found a couple companies that support this type of thing with a complete retrofit package. I'm pretty sure on which company I'll go with but I wanted to get some advice before putting the money down. Concerning the companies there are three that I've come across that seem to be decent companies, Decitek, Predator, and ADR. Have any of you had any experience with any of these outfits? Also I've been considering going the Wireless route. What are your experiences with this? Should I go with RS232, Ethernet, other format? I would really like to make the best decisions beforehand so I can make the upgrade as quick and painless as possible. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas concerning this please let me know.

Thanks

Hey NLh,

What controls do the machines have?

Fish

Hi Fish,

Both machines have Fanuc 3000C controls.

Thanks

Hi Nlh,

I haven't done it with a 3000C yet, but I have set up various other Fanuc controllers. Do you have the manuals for them? Send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I will send you the set up stuff that I have.

Fish

3000C DNC possibilities

You've got several options for a Fanuc 3000C.

If you connect a PC at each machine, then we can provide a direct BTR link between the PCs parallel printer port and the Fanuc CNC. With it, you can run directly off the PCs hard drive, or off a network server.

If you connect a BTR board (like the ADR board), you then have a serial port that can be connected back to your PC network with an Ethernet serial hub or a Wireless Ethernet adapter.

We can provide these solutions. If you want to discuss them, please e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Our West Coast distributor is Refresh Your Memory, Inc. in San Jose California. You can reach my buddy John at RYM at [email protected]