586,060 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unclamp/Clamp on yasnac lx3

Having a bit of a problem.
    trying to run a bar feed job on a yasnac lx3 control. I have never run a barfeed on this machine since we got it. No electronics are hooked from the barfeed to the machine YET. its just the barfeed ONLY.

M11 opens chuck fine, however I cannot close chuck with M10. it hangs like its waiting for another code to be in before the M10.

I have tried

M05
    G00 Z-0.450
    M11
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< tried a pause and tried a M00. it makes no difference it hangs right here and wont continue.
    G00Z0.020
    M10

Even tried a pause in there after the M11 (open chuck) and also tried a M00.

tried both MDI and a program, and chuck will open but not close, if the chuck is open and you punch in M10 it will hang, however if the chuck is closed and you punch in M10 (already closed) it will proceed to next lines.
    I am guessing there is a parameter somehwere I am missing inside the control, or am I missing a Gcode somewhere.

if it makes a difference its on a slant50.

Thanks
    Delw

Inside the electrical cabinate in the back fo the machine I found a switch that says Hydrobar. when I flip it to on it wont allow the hydraulics to start on the machine. I am guessing there needs to be some sort of signal form the barfeed ( close contact?).
    its been 15 years since I hooked up barfeeds to a lathe those were on hitachi's and now I vagualy remember having to do something with that switch. I know it was a pain in the butt on barfeed that didnt have any input to the machine so we made one.
    I am thinking we used a brake peddle light switch on the terrybar but forget how to wire it to the lathe or even bypass it.

Delw

I ran one lathe back when that actually used M69 to open chuck and M68 to close.

Another lathe I had to use an M-code (do not recall which) to turn the Wait For Chuck Position Signal Off. Careful with this one because it is possible to run the chuck with it open.

Finally, there should be a parameter that can be switched for Not Run On Chuck Open. Same thing here, careful with this one also because it is possible to run the chuck with it open.

I know on a few machines Hitachi mutisekos control(sp) and I think also supermax with fanuc control was one that I could give a max rpm for when the chuck was open, but like I said it was over 15 years lol.
    I pulled up some prints of old barfeeds and we had to wire them different for each machine, I am now thinking its a parameter that I am looking for.

Figured I would post the answer incase someone else runs into the problem.
    Its a parameter change.

Par# 7091 bit#4 needs to be turned on.
    it allows the machine to cycle with m10-m11

par#7081 bit#5 "IF" turned on
    will allow chuck to spin if chuck is open
    DON'T use this one if you have NO clue to how machines work.

Re: Unclamp/Clamp on yasnac lx3

I had set parameter 7091 but M10 & M11 not work. It only buffer.
    When chuck open, I call M10: Alarm 25 (chuck close not detected)
    My machine: Hitachi NR20 (Yasnac LX3)
    Can you help me!!!

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk