586,089 active members*
3,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak quality opinions

Yes this is OT a bit but where else to post, Im not sure.

Regarding mazak quality in chip machines. Ive been long told that they were for the most part considered top of the line. Would you agree?

However, when it comes to laser cutters Im told they are adequate in design but not up to top quality/ cutting edge design/ useabilty/longevity/ average poor software/ etc etc.

I am not trolling for a mazak fight at all. Im looking to buy a mazak laser (used) spacegear and have gotten quite a spectra of opinions. I know mazak doesnt build their own resonators so that blurrs the picture a bit.

If any ops have decent time with the mazak line over the years Id like to hear your opinion. If you would rather not post it you can PM also.

Thanks for your consideration

The older lasers I would agree.... There were much better builders out there. I recall the head burning up frequently on them and even to a point where many shops had the machines returned, scrapped, thrown in a corner and forgotten, etc...

As for the more recent generation... Mazak Optonics has come a long ways from what I understand and the units are far better and at the very least, up to par with other builders out there. Naturally, every machine tool and company has people who love them, hate them, and some who don't seem to care what it is.

I've been out of the laser market for too long to give you any personal POV so I'm not sure if I'm even helping you out here. What I can say is that I've heard more positive things than negative on the newer/newest models.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

I would never agree with mazak being top of the line in cutting tools. They have long been regarded as the low end of the Japanese market. There are much better built machines out there. As far as laser processing equipment, I don't know. Our old amada stuff just keeps going.