586,052 active members*
3,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: TC22

TC22

I am finally making headway on my machine thanks to the help from on here.
    I am down to a couple small issues.
    My problem now is with my tool changer and spindle orient position.
    When a call for a tool change my spindle will orientate but the notch is not inline with the tab on the segment in the carousel.
    I also notice my rpms are off.
    If I program 500rpms and the reostat set at 100% the spindle runs at 463rpms.
    I have read on here somewhere that when you change the parameter for this it will change the orient position also.
    Just would like some input on how too get this setup right.
    Also get a shot pin setting in time out but when I manually fire the shot pin I hear an airleak up on the head,looks like the lines are hooked up ok but I will have to look into that better.
    Getting close now.

This is in the book. Main menu. you have a number key for tool changer. This brings up the need for a password which is PASSWORD in capital letters. press enter. now you can jog the spindle and move the z up and down using the handwheel (for both) and saving your orient and height is there!
    Spindle speed is adjusted by par 71 (spindle gain) in the maitenance page. password is 111257 (some engineers birthday).
    You will have to play with the gain and par c1-11 in the spindle drive (which sets spindle drift. drift (S0M03) cannot exceed 2 RPM or it will not do a tool change. See Yaskawa manual for how to set C1-11.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George,
    Once again you hit it 100%.
    I went through the tool change setup,my spindle was 180 degrees out,
    the z axis height was too high,brought everything to where it needed to be than saved it.
    The first tool change went good untill z dropped off the tool in the carousel
    than retracted but not high enough and knocked the tool out.
    I found the parameter for that and added .5 to it next tool change was perfect.
    Next I went to parameter 71 and tweaked it untill a programmed speed of 500
    rpm was exactly 500,spindle runs a steady 500 and once in awhile will go to 501.
    Next I am going to replace my x axis belt,the new one came today.
    Can I mark the drive pulleys and be careful to keep them oriented where they are now and be good?
    Only other problem I have is with the shot pin,
    I thought before it was stuck but now think the switch isnt seeing it retract even though it is.
    If I go from 500 rpms to 1500 it wont shift but faults out with shot pin retract time out.
    When I reset the control I found it did shift.
    It will run higher rpms then.
    If I call for 500 rpms next it will shift fine.
    I wonder if I add time to the shot pin retract time if this would help.
    I get the belt changed and get it to shift the machine will be in excellent running condition.
    Thanks for all your help,I would not of got to where I am with the machine
    without it.
    I am glad to see it running finally

Yes, I would mark the pulleys so it homes in the same place.
    Maybe the oil in the transmission has turned to tar and needs a good cleaning and refilling.
    The shot pin is spring loaded. Air pulls it out but a spring puts it back in. If it is full of tar and thus acting slow, it will time out.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thats what I will do,drain and flush it out good.
    Thanks George

Quote Originally Posted by cncbpt View Post
    Thats what I will do,drain and flush it out good.
    Thanks George
    I have the same problem with the shot pin. When you get yours to work, please post a procedure to drain and flush. What will you use to flush it with?

George,
    are you familiar with the ansi.sys file that should be in the dos directory of the system software?
    I talked to Emi today about a boot up problem where I am not getting the spinning cursor when the machine is doing the executive load.
    Mark told me I was missing the ansi.sys file.
    Can I just download the file and add it to the dos directory or is there more to it?
    I added c:>run.bat to my autoexec.bat file so that the software would load on its own.
    It works but is not correct.
    I loaded a copy from the net to the directory and added
    device=c:\dos\ansi.sys to my autoexec.bat but This doesnt work.
    I did alot of reading on this tonight but am still missing something.
    Do I need a certain version or something else.
    Di change the x axis belt tonight and got the gaurds back on it.
    That all went well
    Thank You

I'm not sure about you particular situation, but if you need to load ansi.sys, the line needs to go in the config.sys file instead of the autoexec.bat.

As for version I think all you need is one that matches your DOS version. I don't think it will load if they don't match.

Hope this helps,
    Brian

Thank you for your help
    Emi sent me the file today along with a autoexec.bat file because mine had nothing in it
    I put both files where they belong plus did the edit in my config.sys.
    Now when I boot the machine up I get wrong dos version than error on line 1 of config,sys
    but the machine goes ahead and loads.
    I believe you are right about versions of ansi.sys needing to match the dos version.
    I am going to look some for another version but am thinking about buying the software from EMI and reloading it

To see what version of ansi.sys you have go to c:\dos and type "dir ansi.sys" and press enter.

The time stamp on the file is usually the version. 6:20 matches up with dos version 6.20, 6:22 matches up with dos 6.22.

Brian

I got the computer working the way i believe it should as far as booting up.
    I fdisked the D.O.M than formatted it and loaded dos 6.22 than the dx32 system.
    I wrote down my important parameters so I could update them when I was done.
    I had dos 6.0 on it to start with.
    When I did a directory of dos ansi.sys was there.
    I added the line to my config.sys file and and it still didnt boot right.
    I than added RUN.BAT to my autoexec.bat and next startup it booted perfect.
    Came up to the Executive Load:Wait with the spinning courser and then BMDC running!
    This is the way it use to boot before i updated the software.
    I changed the needed parameters and ran the machine through homing and tool changes with no problems
    I noticed in the parameters that there is parameters for oiling and both are set to 0,when does the BIJUR unit oil?
    Just need to look into draining and refilling the transmission and find out why it will shift down with no problems but wont shift up without the shotpin error.
    The shotpin works fine on the downshift,doesnt make since why it wouldnt work on the upshift
    Thanks to all who have helped me.,

The oiling parameters were used for the other type of oiler used on the VMC 760,800, and 1000.
    The Bijur runs a cam that lifts a plunger which then falls off the end of the cam. This shoots a bit of oil about every 20 minutes of spindle ON.

George