586,113 active members*
3,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Help with the CNC 6040 router engraver

Hi all i have just got a cnc 6040 router engraver and i have mach3 but it does not move the x,y,z axes can any one give me any help on were im going wrong
    thank you for any help

Have you configured the IO for Mach3 to match your CNC's interface board?

Hi Eclipze
    i have setup all the IO in mach3 as it says in the install pdf and still get no joy when i run the g code file on the screen you can see the info mation being sent to the xyz axis but no movment i can move the stepers by hand by the knob on the back of them so i know they are not locked and when you turn on the controler you can feel the steper get a input and lock

Ok... so the stepper drivers are powering up, hence you can't turn them. Good sign. This directs our attention toward the step control signal... from Mach3 to the interface board.

With Mach3... the red RESET button shouldn't be flashing (in-reset).

Double check you have the input assignments for step and direction correct in Mach3. This must match the interface board on the CNC. I don't know what interface board you are using, but you won't find this information in the Mach3 PDF.

Thanks Eclipze with this
    All i can tell you is that i got it off ebay aand all i had to do is plug the leads in to the controler and it a cnc 6040 router so what board it has in side i could not tell you

You need to get the information on the control board... so you know which outputs Mach3 has to use to interface to the x,y and z step controls. If you have the wrong ones set in Mach3, then it will be driving the wrong lines = things aren't going to work.

if i open the controler box up would the the info be on the board its self

Well... if it has markings on the PCB, such as X_DIR = 3, X_STEP = 2... that's what you are after. If it doesn't have that printed on the PCB, then it's a fair bit harder. The easiest and expected source of such info should have be the guide the controller board came with. If it doesn't have one, that's disgraceful of the seller. I'II check their website for such info.

it came with a pdf file thats ware i got the first set of IO info from had no joy with that so got the info of the net for the same cnc it had more settings in it but still no joy thats why i came here for some help

Just remember... the usefulness of our advise is limited by the information you provide. Things like pictures, part numbers, screenshot of setup... that's all gold information. Without good info, it's more of a shotgun approach at finding the cause of problems.

Can you post the PDF??? Something to go from?

ok thanks ill get all the info i can and post it up for you

Hi Eclipze
    i have got some info i hope it help
    on the front of the controller it says 3 Axis mini-cnc
    and on the axis boards inside they have on them YOOCNC x 4JKB
    and the step motors are
    Act motor
    model :23H58430B-PL14

It's the interface board you bought of ebay that we need to know, so Mach3 can be configured to match. Stepper drivers, motor and CNC brand name otherwise are of no use.

Need to have the info on the interface board.

Not just the part number. You need to do the leg work and search google to find the user manual/info on it. You have the board in front of you.

mmmm thought that might be the out come all the interface boad has on it is yoocnc but that will be no help and the controllers put in the case and inported in to the country like that all wew had to do was put 6 bolts in and that was it and install mach3 and plug the lpt cable in much like when you by a printer

Ahhh... I thought you bought the interface board off ebay. Not the whole CNC.

I just don't have information to work from to help you further. You might want to advise location and see if someone is in your area and willing to help. Otherwise... go back to the person you bought it from and ask for the needed info.

Check this out: yoocnc.com , this appears to be the manufacturer. I am sure they have more details for your set-up.
    I am currently in China and could help you to get info from the supplier if he is not responsive to you.
    Posting your PDF set-up documents and screenshots from M3 set-up screens would help to get this figured out.

RR

Thank you Eclipze for all your help and rappyrippe i will try that company and see what thay can do and i will keep you all posted

try this

hi there
    try these settings. if useful or correct i will post the whole document.
    cheers scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6040.jpg  

Hi rappyrippe i emailed yoocnc the other night they still have not got back to me hope they are still going over there

Hi all well i got the cnc working changed the version of mach3 and it worked ????? but the stepers turn very slow how can i speed them up

Page 1 of 2 12