586,655 active members*
4,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > Toolgrinding / Toolgrinding Machines > Help with drill grinding attachment to Universal Grinder

Help with drill grinding attachment to Universal Grinder

Hey folks,

Pulling my hair out, I have acquired a new universal tool and cutter grinder, firstly very impressed with the general overall design construction etc.

Typical it came with no manual, it did have a cd but the cd had no talking and just a person pointing to levers etc, no real help regarding setting the machine up

It comes with a drill attachment and this is what Im having the problems with. First I have a drill doctor and am very happy with it, but thought I would give the drill attachment a go on this unit as it is supposedly the fangle dangled unit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grinder.jpg   Drill jig.jpg  

Now Ive been through you tube and searched high and low on the net, really need someone that has one or has used one

The attachment has a dial at the back that goes from 1-18 and then again 1-18, the front behind the chuck has an eccentric cam that a couple of pins run on, if its a 2 flute item you put two pins in a threee flute then 3 pins etc, managed to work that out.

But I cannot work out how to get it to sharpen the drills properly. If I lock it in position 1 and set the flutes of the drill horizontal and then rotate the unit, the relief is actually grouind higher than the cutting egde, if I mount the flute edge vertical and repeat then I get a very flat profile. If I raise the incline of the drill jig then the front reliefs well but I get more of a mushroom shape to the drill bit,

Absolutley frustrating me. Does anyone have one or has anyone used one

I haven't used one but I have just bought one, i rang H&F yesterday and told them they had better find some user instructions for it because it is useless without them.
    Will

Did you have any luck with the manual I sent you

In priciple it works like the Clarkson attachment for the Clarkson tool and cutter grinder although it looks different. Do a search. Clarkson became March Engineering and they sell instruction mauals on ebay on occassions.

It goes someting like this: Set the drill to protrude 1.5 times it's diameter. Align the cutting edge vertical. Set the swing angle to 119 or whatever then grind keeping the pins tight on the cam. Indecx 180 degrees then do the other edge.
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, but the manual is identical to one for an earlier machine that H&F sold, a C1DG (D) except for the picture on the front page. I am wondering if someone played with the front page of that manual? and made the one you got.
    If you follow the you tube videos they keep turning the handle and do both sides? If I do that it dosen't work.I just got John Stevenson's wife's CD on tool and cutter grinding so I will have a read and see what I come up with.
    Andrew I will try doing it the way you suggest as well
    Will

CNC metal grooving machine,bending machine, rivet pressure machine

We are main manufacture of universal metal grooving machine,bending machine,rivet pressure machine.All of machines have best quality and price.If you need,please contact with me freely. Thanks! MSN:[email protected] Tel:+8613501579431 :rainfro:Niko
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ???? ???? ???? ???? 33.jpg   ???? ???.jpg