586,069 active members*
3,621 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bist View Post
    Hi Bill, thanks for quick reply
    It's 0M series, I'll check macro variable page on Monday to see what type it is
    Do you mean if it's Macro "A" then machine wouldn't even call the program O9020 with 230 parameter set to 6?
    Do you know by any chance what is the parameter for Single Block mode execution?

Thanks again!
    You don't say in your first post, when you made reference to Macro A, whether the format of the program you used was in Macro A or B format. If you started out thinking the Macro version was B and used the corresponding Macro B syntax, then its likely that the control has the B option. If not, errors relating to Macro format would have occurred. In any case, you can confirm the version as described in my last post.

Setting bit 5 of parameter 0011 to "1" will enable the program to halt after a Macro Statement block when Single Block mode is selected with the Series 0M control.

User Macro A is quiet different to the B version.

1. Where G65 is used in Macro B to call a Macro Program, G65 is used in Macro A to specify a Macro Instruction

2. Custom Macro programs can only be called as Sub Programs with Macro A. Accordingly, M87 P_ _ _ _ is used to call the Custom Macro Program.

3. As the program is being called as a Sub Program with Macro A, arguments can't be passed to the called program.

4. Calling a Macro Program with an "M" code in Macro B, is the same as calling the program with G65. Accordingly, when using User Macro B, the following two blocks are equivalent when parameter 0230 has a number registered therein:

G65 P9020
    M6 (if the number 6 is registered in parameter 0230)

As G65 can't be used to call a Macro Program when using User Macro A, the two example blocks above will not call a program registered in O9020.

5. In both Macro A and B, Macro Programs can be called as Sub Programs using "M" codes by registering the "M" code number in parameters 0240 to 0242 to call programs O9001 to O9003 respectively.

6. Both Macro A and B can call a Macro Program via a "T" code by setting bit 5 of parameter 0040 to "1". In this case program number O9000 will be called and the tool number is obtained in the Macro program by reading the content of Macro Variable 0149.

Using a "T" code to execute a Tool Change Macro is mainly used with carousel type tool change mechanisms where the next tool can't be pre-called. In this case M6 when the tool is called is not required. In the majority of cases, M6 is still required in the Tool Change Macro Program being called by a "T" code, but its PLC program dependent.

As both alarms 078 and 059 relate to program numbers that can't be found, you have the parameters for registering "M" codes to call your Macro Program set incorrectly, the programs aren't registered under program numbers that correspond to the "M" code registration parameters, or Macro A only is available and the wrong "M" code registration parameters are being used.

Regards,

Bill

Big thanks Bill, this is the info I've needed
    I'll try to fix settings on Monday, and see what the result will be

Best regards

Hi bist

Send me your email address and I can send you the parameters and tool change programs from the machine if you still need them.

Hi laka,
    my email:[email protected]

Thanks!

Hi to all,
    have to say first, there is no 078 and 059 alarms anymore
    its user macro A version.
    I cleared 230-239 and 240-242, set 40.5 to 1, uploaded O9000 and O0006 progs, in MDI mode entered T#M06 and this is what happened:
    The Z axis moves up to zero, carousel moves below the head, rotates the spindle and aligns the marker incorrectly, head moves down, releases tool, waits a bit and throws 1012 TOOL DRUM TO PARK TIME.
    Seems a bit messy and out of order, and seems that I need a little more help tweaking this
    On Monday I will see what lines it does and where stops exactly.
    Thanks guys

Hello,
    I am Mr. ARNAUD ZOGNING from Cameroon
    I own a CNC machine tool REF CINCINNATI MILACRON SAB RE -750; FANUC controller with O-MC SERIES A macro programming
    the tool change in MDI and even automatically in a program is not responding. Before you write, I did a search on the Internet, it made me understand that the macro O9000 that manages the tool change must be missing or changed. How to work around this issue, because I'm really stuck at this level since then more than three weeks.
    Here, I get alarms according to the work mode,
    1 In MDI
    T01
    M06
    Start cycle
    Alarm 1028 using the wrong program number 6
    2 In AUTO mode
    O0239
    ... ..
    T01 M06;
    Alarm 078 P / S alarm
    AND ALSO
    Alarm Error Code 1054 Pogba T WITHOUT M06
    If you have the required setting is no give me
    I really count on your support to break the deadlock.
    Thank you very much, Mr. and spend a pleasant evening

Salam
    I lost tool change micro program please any one help me

I have Daewoo doosan ace h100

Re: Fanuc OM, lost tool change macro

Hi laka

I need the parameters and programs because I have a cnc CINCINATI SABRE that does not change the tool. Please can you send me the parameters and programs you have? I really appreciate it
    my email. [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    For the O series you also need to check more parameters then that.

230-239 calls programs 9020-9029
    240-242 calls programs 9001-9003
    40.5 calls program 9000 when a T() is specified

Check all these parameters. If any of the first 2 sets are =6 then it is calling a macro in accordance with the specific parameter related to the program. If none are set to 6 then look at parameter 40 bit 5 to see if it is set to 1 or 0.

Now as for programming that is needed from a macro it is very basic but can written to use more complex features. If your tool change was written into the ladder and no macro is needed then you can simply program a
    G91G28Z0
    T()M6
    But it may also depend on the MTB if they want the T() in a line before the M6. I write macros even if the tool change is programmed in the ladder. So if you find that you want to use a macro or your parameters above are set to use a specific program then I would start real basic with the code and you can add from there if you need to or want to.

So as an example if parameter 240=6 then program 9001 will be called every time an M6 is programmed. So now create program 9001 in your machine memory and start real basic with the code.

O9001(TOOL CHANGE MACRO)
    G40G80—(tool dia cancel & canned cycle cancel)
    G91G28Z0M9—(tool change position in Z & coolant off)
    M19--(tool orientation)
    G28Y0—(tool change position in Y)
    M6—(tool call of modal T value)
    M99

Stevo
    Hi Stevo...I am also facing the same tool change problem with my fanuc O-MD. .Its umbrella type atc ..Parameters 230-239 along with 240-242 all are zero but parameter 40 bit 5 is 1. while i use M06 T# ; no response from machine. Due to parameter loss on my machine i cant find any macro program like O9000 or O9001 in memory. Even i try to create something starts with O9000 alarm shows illegal program number. In my machine M71 and M72 are used for magazine C and CCW which are working fine. .I tried to write a program you suggest for macro i go BUFF MDI signal on CRT..Need your help plz.

@Basham..check the macro if model is O-MD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  

Hello. I do have similar problem on my Leadwell TDC-510 - Fanuc O-M RoboDrill Tool Change CNC milling machine- after failure part of code is missing.
    Maybe someone have similar machine and could share backup of tool change macro? If you have this machine please contact me. Any help appreciated - backup, manuals as text or pictures - any related information will help.

Quote Originally Posted by laka View Post
    I aquired a used VMC with 21 tool drum ATC. The toolchanger works fine mechanically as I can jog it in all ways that it should. However with a M06 command I get nothing. So I have learned that it is looking for a macro program, in this case it seems to be O9000. I've read on here about some of the M-codes that will activate different functions of a toolchange sequence but can only get M19 to work in MDI or in O9000 program.

Do I require a fully written macro program to have all the different M codes to work properly? I do not have the proper operating manuals from the MTB for the mill so I am a little lost. I have found some macro examples on here and will be trying then out soon to see if I can get any results. But I am mainly curious as to why I can only get a response from M19 currently and nothing else.

Machine is a Cincinnati Sabre 750

Thanks for any input

Page 3 of 3 123