586,114 active members*
3,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My first CNC Mill

I will have more pictures soon on the website but to view my first CNC mill please check out what is a cnc
    There will be a lathe added soon!

If you don't mind some criticism of your site, some of the explanations are rather vague, many bordering on the inaccurate, some definitions need qualification.
    In the past I have seen many such similar web sites and I have the impression they have been created by those learning the art of CNC machinery through the DIY experience, and many definitions come about by hearsay or assumption, Although I applaud your effort to enlighten, but many times, in the past anyway, this has led to others taking the information as gospel.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Smile

Hi Al I like the criticism!
    Thanks for your feedback.
    You are right I am pretty new to all this and I only know based on trial and error along with some research. I do not assume anything or make things up, the experience is hands on; or found by online study. I am constantly adding and modifying things in the hopes that I will help people with their next CNC project.
    I am also always interested in having people post and elaborate on anything they like. Registration is easy and free.

Just wondering if you could elaborate on your comments so I can make things better for people visiting.
    What do you feel I should expand on?
    Do you see content that is inaccurate and if so what?

I will be elaborating soon on how I constructed the Milling machine you see on the main page, I suppose it is like a "Rep-Strap" machine so it will be open source.
    For those of you wondering what a Rep-Strap is please look into the Rep-Rap Wiki.
    I will be posting more information on my 3D printer and scanner soon.

Thanks again Al!