586,112 active members*
3,081 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam 3 for DOS

Mastercam 3 for DOS

I am looking for Mastercam 3 for DOS. Our shop was flooded during during Irene. We have managed to salvage some of our older machines, but lost the computers. We have had trouble with Mastercam under Windows. Everything ran fine with the DOS version. We still have the dongle and hope it still works.

Thanks,

A.R.T.

Most dealers and users do not have this any more. I can't really understand why you would want use that one so old. That should have the black hasp if I remember correct.the last time I saw that running was at CNC softwares main office. they have it.
    They have a room running the old computers for show.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Wasnt ver.3 on 5-1/4 floppys?

Old Equipment

It's not that I really want to use the old version, it's just that it's what works best with the old equipment.

A.R.T.

Well I do not have my 3.1.1 disks anymore and I had is on 2.5 floppies to.
    Contact CNC software.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanx View Post
    I am looking for Mastercam 3 for DOS. Our shop was flooded during during Irene. We have managed to salvage some of our older machines, but lost the computers. We have had trouble with Mastercam under Windows. Everything ran fine with the DOS version. We still have the dongle and hope it still works.

Thanks,

A.R.T.
    best bet is to contact a mastercam dealer and request the old version.
    If you can't find a dos version, they may be able to gift you a newer version that would work with your old equipment. Since you will be getting newer computers, you may want to grab a old laptop on ebay for about $50. , make sure it has a serial port.
    by the way , how old is the equipment?

Older Equipment

The machines are 15 - 20 years old. I have already built a DOS box with a serial port to use with them. We tried version 7 from Mastercam but the posts never worked properly even after several tweaks to make them match the previous ones.

A.R.T.

Time is money, and you're gonna burn alot of time getting the old Dos version going again. Better to get a more recent version going on a more recent computer, then get to making chips.

You can manually edit your NC files to get your machines to work for the short term, then work on getting your post files tweaked more over the long haul... Don't bog yourself down beating a dead horse!

What are the machines as I program 15 to 20 year old machines with X5 for my customers.
    Cadcam