586,103 active members*
3,105 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile TSUGAMI BS 18 III

Dear ALL

A few month ago I buy second hand machine,
    Tsugami BS 18 III controler by Fanuc MSC 501.
    But I am not get manual book for programing.
    I can't make program because no programing manual.
    Can you help me for made program standard and explanation.
    I need M code and special G code explanation for make the program.
    Can You help me to solve my problem.

Best Regards

Rahman

The basics for programming Fanuc control lathes are the same. Write you program using the basics and see what errors you encounter and then ask back here. If you do not know the basics for programming Fanuc control lathes then you need to buy some books and go to school for it.

I'll help you out, send me an email:
    [email protected]

David

I know the basic program Fanuc,
    I would like is a special g code and M code that is in the machine tsugami BS 18 III. Since I try to create a program similar to the machine type B0 tsugami could not running.

I am new to swiss cnc. we have a tsugami s25 with a fanuc ot model b . when i try to run program the z on g300 line wants to go 3993 inches. Idont know how to set the machining cordinates please help

I assume your G300 line looks similar to mine from my BS19: (if not, it should)
    G300 X-.05 Z3.05 T0505 (your Z may be up to 8" depending on your z1 stroke)

Just to get the simple stuff out of the way, what exactly is the Z value in your G300 line? do you have the decimal in the right spot?

Is your program in metric and machine in inches? then you could have a value like Z100.(mm) in your G300 line. If your program was in MM and machine was in Inches you would have a huge over travel like you're describing. Just something to check. I only have a parameter manual for a 16/18i series and In/MM is parameter 1001 bit 0 (INM).
    0 is Metric
    1 is Standard

If its not that you have some other problem.
    What happens if you MDI in G28W0 on Z1? If it goes home just fine with G28W0, the problem is in your code. If it over travels with a G28, then your machine coordinates are messed up and you have bigger problems to solve.

Also, Do you have a G150 (or G50) Z-.005 (right hand cutoff)
    or G150 (or G50) Z.440 (left hand cutoff) to establish your new part zero?

here is the opening block for every program I write. Yours should be similar (but probably not the same)

#105=.072(CUTOFF SHIFT)

G65P9002T505D.250S4000M3X-.05F.0008 (auto cutoff/barload macro call)
    M9#### (SUB PROG)
    G0G18G20G40G97G99T0M8 (safety line)
    M11 (main collet open)
    G4U.4
    G300X-.05Z3.05T0505 (machining origin)
    G150Z-.005 (new part zero)
    M10 (main collet close)
    G4U.4
    G0Z-.05 (clear)
    G0X1.496 (x home)
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

Here is my program start; o0001;
    m97;
    m08;
    m11;
    g300x-4.0z6.38t1414b170;
    g50z-.005;
    i can zero all positions with the g 28 code .
    when I start the program do i have to to jog the z were i want it to start from.

You're posts are kinda hard to understand due to a lack of punctuation. Please use some periods, commas and Capital letters at the beginning of a sentence.

Your g300 line looks ok but your X is -4.00? That doesnt seem right to me unless you have dual gang plates or turrets.

Next, I just tested this on my machine:

Move your gang plate out of the way
    Turn off the feed on your barfeeder
    Open your main collet
    MDI in G300 Z1. and watch your main spindle.

For me, it moves to Z1.
    If that fails report back on exactly what alarm you get.

If it fails, do it again but hit Start then Stop as fast as you can. You can go to your Position page and look at the "Distance To Go". What does that say?

Do this with every axis in your G300 individually in MDI.
    This will prove out if the problem is in the G300 or if its something else.

So, do G300 Z2.
    Then G300 X-.04 (make sure your stock is out of the way)
    Then G300 B170. (what is your B axis?)

Another thing to consider is that with block read ahead, the alarm could be caused in one of the next 2 or 3 lines, not necessary the line highlighted when it alarms out.

So I tried G300z1. Mdi does not let me input a g300. It gives me a 009 nc alarm

OK, make a program with only the G300 line and run it in auto/memory. Do the same thing as above where you only put 1 axis in the G300 at a time to identify what is causing the problem.

like:
    o0001
    G300 Z1.

then x-.05.....then b170.... just modify the axis one at a time.

So, g300z1.; moves toward the guide bushing. But distance to go is still saying 3993.47.
    G300 x is moving the right way.

Im not clear, did the "G300 Z1." still alarm out with a "Z- Over travel"?
    The G300 Z1. should move your Z1 1.00" from the bushing, so that is doing what it is supposed to...

If you have a "Distance To Go" of 3993.47" regardless of the value in your G300 it sounds like a parameter issue to me. Your Z1 may need to be re-homed? This usually only happens when the backup battery on an amplifier or mainboard dies. Do you know if this happened recently? It would also help us to know a little more about your situation, like:

Did you just get this machine or has it been running?
    do you have existing working programs you could try?
    are there any other alarms besides the over travel? Some can be sneaky (at least on my machines) and they hide themselves. Sometimes Ill get an alarm, but the one displayed on the screen isnt the actual alarm. Sometimes if you get multiple alarms at the same time only the last one will show. To see the others you have to go to "Message" -> "History". Then look at the time stamp on the recent alarms. Sometimes my screen will only show "Bar feed alarm" but then in history it will also show 1 or 2 more. Just something to check...

Im running out of ideas...

last thought. Its NOT correct or good practice AT ALL but...if you just need the machine to run asap you could probably jog the main to Z+ overtravel, MDI in G50 z0, then just go off that reference point. Instead of a g300 you could open your program like:

(jog to overtravel z+, MDI "G50Z0", turn on bar feed, cutoff bar, then...)
    M11 (collet open)
    G0 Z-3. (it could also be G0 W-3.) (see below for my updated thought on this line)
    M10 (collet close)
    G4U.5
    G50 Z-.005 (create new part 0)
    ...rest of program

Then at the end of your program you could end with G50 Z0 and it theoretically should repeat. Like I said, thats a sloppy fix, but if you have hot parts it will get you through a day or 2 until a machine tech can get to you.

Edit:
    Ah, Just though of this too: your W- move needs to be exactly equal to:
    Part length + Face off amount + Cutoff shift. Otherwise Z1 will keep moving forward or back each cycle until you over travel

Just wanted to thank you. for your time and patients. I ordered the fanuc operatoin manual I should have it in a few days . maybe then I could explain things better to you. So if I make my G50 Z 6.38; after my G300 X 4. Z6.38 t1414 B170; We wanted this machine because of thi pick off for burr less cut of and the 1" capacity for another job. that is on its way.

I set up Davenports for many years so I under stand the concept.

@eameddie I PM'd you a couple times. It said that they were sent but I dont see them in my outbox. let me know if you got them