586,058 active members*
3,435 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DSP Rapid Move

Hi,

since one year I am using a Quick Router with ATC and DSP purchased from a german distributor. All in all I am satisfied but one thing really sucks:
    Equal what I do or better try to do - I have no chance to get my machine to do rapid moves. Equal wich soft or wich postpro - no chance.
    What do I do wrong?
    Is it possible that the DSP controller is not able to understand G-Codes rapid move commands?

best

Kai

Kai,

After you choose the file and press ok button, there will show a column which you can set process speed, running speed, z down ratio, speed ratio etc

Also if you choose High/Low button can change to high speed mode...
    Website: www.quick-cnc.com Email: [email protected] MSN/Hotmail: [email protected] Skype:taney118

Travel Spd is your rapid speed(non cutting). I like to set mine near the top of what my machine can run. I have a QuickCNC K6100A and have it set at 8,000mm. The max rapid of this machine is 10,000mm. I don't believe pushing a machine at its max...thats usually when bad thing happen. The next thing you will want to check is your Spd Rati setting. This is a percentage of the Proc spd(cutting) and Travel Spd(Rapid). Ex. If your Run Program Setting are:

Proc Spd 1000.00
    Travl Spd 8000.00
    ZdownRat 0.5
    Spd Rati 0.5

than your cutting at 500mm/min and Rapid at 4000mm/min. If you leave the Spd Rati at 1.0 and adjust the Proc Spd to 500mm/min your rapids would be 8000mm/min.

I like to leave my Spd Rati at 1.0 and only adjust the Proc Spd for the material and cutter of the job I'm running. This allows my machine to run more efficiently and gets the job done quicker.

When I first received my cnc I used to run the Spd Rati at .5 thinking I would adjust it while I was running a job if needed. I never did so my machine would only run at half Rapids. If I needed to adjust the speed now in the middle of a job I hit the orange stop button on the DSP, then press 1-8 to store the stop position, and then press the green OK button. To resume hold down the RUN key and press 1-8(the position you stored the stop position). Change the Proc Spd and press OK when done 3 times to start.

Hope that helps.

KDRusty

Quote Originally Posted by Taney118 View Post
    Kai,

After you choose the file and press ok button, there will show a column which you can set process speed, running speed, z down ratio, speed ratio etc

Also if you choose High/Low button can change to high speed mode...
    Thx a lot for your hints!
    Is this also possible if f code is enabled?
    I wanted to program the travel speed via g-code. Is this possible?

best

Kai

Quote Originally Posted by 7of9 View Post
    Thx a lot for your hints!
    Is this also possible if f code is enabled?
    I wanted to program the travel speed via g-code. Is this possible?

best

Kai
    Kai,

I think if F code is enabled, you can edit travelling speed at G00... not quite sure as normally this function is disabled and we recommend to set speed from DSP controller...but you can have a try...
    Website: www.quick-cnc.com Email: [email protected] MSN/Hotmail: [email protected] Skype:taney118

Quote Originally Posted by Taney118 View Post
    Kai,

I think if F code is enabled, you can edit travelling speed at G00... not quite sure as normally this function is disabled and we recommend to set speed from DSP controller...but you can have a try...
    Sure - as long as you do not have an ATC. In this (my) case disabling the f code would make the whole ATC senseless...
    A friend of mine has a quick K60 without ATC - and for sure he disabled the f-option cause he needs to change every tool by hand.
    In my case I would like to program everything and dont mind the machining process until the end of the program.
    Do you see any chance to do so?

best

Kai